whose better at the shoulder roll, floyd or james toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whose better at the shoulder roll, floyd or james toney

who you got????

this has already been started before, a lot thought mayweather had the ultimate form of the shoulder roll, but i sided with james "lights out" toney. the moniker itself explains it all. toney combined a shoulder roll defense and a patented counter right straight which would knock the light out of his opponents. mayweather just used the shoulder roll purely for defense and occasional counters but toney was the real deal

Comment

Both of them were incredibly skilled with it.

I'll give Mayweather the slight edge, but it's exactly that, slight. Both roll brilliantly, parry brilliantly and also counter brilliantly off of the roll.

Comment

They use it differently. Mayweather uses it primarily as a defensive tool whereas James Toney uses it to counter opponents far more Frequently. It's difficult to say which is better as they are used to achieve different ends but as a fan of defence as a means of landing punches I have to say I prefer James Toney's.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          who you got????
          Samuel Peters! WHO NEXT!?

Comment

Floyd is better with the shoulder roll where as James Toney is better with jelly rolls

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Floyd is better with the shoulder roll where as James Toney is better with jelly rolls
              Yeah now he's better with Jelly Rolls but as middleweight he was something else, for his height etc he's done really good at fighting at the weight he has constantly moved up but then again that's probably more down to him enjoying eating so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

Comment

Toney he mastered it, he could be defensive and offensive using it.

Comment

Toney. Floyd is a better fighter but Toney has the better shoulder roll. James Toney could STILL shoulder roll into a right hand. Floyd uses it in close quarters and more so as a defensive tool as mentioned. Floyd has the better defense... People think Floyd's defense = shoulder roll but its not just that. He has more tools. Toney's shoulder roll is amazing.
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-25-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X