No announcement yet.

Gotta lose 15-20 pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta lose 15-20 pounds

Let me start off by first saying im 5'7 and fluctuate between 157-162 pounds.. im pretty solid, i used to lift wieghts and was in the military so im pretty muscular.. When i tighten my stomach u can see a 6 pack, to give u an idea of where im at.. ive been training since april the lowest i got down to was 151, however, i wasnt on a strict diet.. due to my height i want to fight at 141 so im on a more even playing field reach wise.. Ive come to the conclusion that i will have to lose some muscle. it is what it is.

I finally started a diet..
    im eating an orange and an apple in the morning when i wake up
    about an hour later i eat 1 bag of organic flavored oatmeal
    then i do a 3 mile run up and down hills , push ups and situps
    ate 3 egg whites and made a protein shake of 2% milk banana and the protein powder..
    then around lunch time i eat a can of tuna with onions and no mayo on wheat toast
    a couple hours later ill drink 2 cups of V8 low sodium vegeatble juice maybe a fruit
    for dinner i had two soy burgers in between two pieces of wheat bread
    no eating after 7:00 PM

Thats obviously not gonna be my routine every day but somewhere along that.. i bought canned salmon, chicken breasts, white turkey meat to substitue some of those things on different days.. that along with training will that get me to 141 ??

also i drink coffee with splenda .. is that no good??
    and how about hydroxycut?? do I need that ?? thanks...

if i were newhere near as disciplined as u i'd be jacked lol. heres a couple of little tricks that i've picked up:

-drink ur water very cold, ur body will have to work harder to heat it up to body temperature
    -couple of glasses of cranberry juice a day (no, i'm not a woman) its a natural diuretic and cleans u out
    -if u drink a lot of coffee, take it black (i think it tastes better neway), and if u still want to sweeten it than use honey
    -cheat (not too often), it prevents binging and keeps u sane

i'm not a fan of supplements (i don't take ne and i never will) so i would say stay away from ne weight loss products. be consistent with ur cardio. and make sure that ur still eating enough to fuel ur body. everybody's body responds differently but i'm pretty positive that eating that clean and training will get u down to 141. also, make sure u get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
      Let me start off by first saying im 5'7 and fluctuate between 157-162 pounds.. im pretty solid, i used to lift wieghts and was in the military so im pretty muscular.. When i tighten my stomach u can see a 6 pack, to give u an idea of where im at.. ive been training since april the lowest i got down to was 151, however, i wasnt on a strict diet.. due to my height i want to fight at 141 so im on a more even playing field reach wise.. Ive come to the conclusion that i will have to lose some muscle. it is what it is.

ate 3 egg whites and made a protein shake of 2% milk banana and the protein powder..
      then around lunch time i eat a can of tuna with onions and no mayo on wheat toast
      a couple hours later ill drink 2 cups of V8 low sodium vegeatble juice maybe a fruit

Thats obviously not gonna be my routine every day but somewhere along that.. i bought canned salmon, chicken breasts, white turkey meat to substitue some of those things on different days.. that along with training will that get me to 141 ??

thats a good diet. you can add snacks of fruit.... a banana or apple here and there would do you good. It is good to stimulate the metabolism throughout the day with little snacks. the more often the metabolism has to work, the faster it will burn calories.

hydroxycut does work to a degree. i wouldnt rely too heavily on it. it may make you caffeine dependant, especially if you take it AND drink coffee. That is what i did this past summer and after that, whenever i would go without caffeine for a while, i would get headaches. they also make caffeiene-free hydroxycut, but that doesn't work nearly as well. If you take the hydroxycut, take 2 in the morning, and at most, take 1 additional pill with lunch. that combined with your diet, drinking lots of water, boxing training and your cardio, you will lose weight.

remember that there are 3500 calories in a pound. if you have to lose about 12 pounds (156 to 141), that would be 42,000 calories. remember though, you can lose a few of those pounds just by cutting water weight before a fight... good luck bro.

Comment

weigh yourself every morning after you go to the bathroom and write it down. after a while you'll get an idea if you're losing, gaining or staying the same, if you need to lose faster just eat less. what you eat and how much exercise you get are secondary, it's all about calories in the end.

supplements like caffeine and hydroxycut benefit almost entirely by curbing your appetite, so if you don't track calories and just go by feel they'll reduce your calorie intake, but if you diet with a specific number of calories and can eat that amount they don't help as much. so I'd only consider them if you're trying to maintain on a very low amount of calories and are struggling with hunger.

number of meals per day affecting metabolism, what time you eat, and what you eat affecting your weight loss is all bull**** for the most part.
        Last edited by eman-resu; 12-30-2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Laxatives.....................

Comment

Looking at your diet your are roughly eating about 1400 calories (protein 130 gms, fat 21 gms, and carbs 186gms) - I also making a few assumptions about how much nutrition is in your soy burgers and how big the can of tuna is etc.

I weigh about 160 pounds and eat around 2400 calories to maintain my weight, I am not doing too much cardio right now, boxing a couple times a week and weights three times a week.

If I wanted to lose weight I would go to around 1900- 2000 cals. Not much less. I would imagine you should be about the same as me, maybe a little less if you are doing alot of cardio, or more if you are alot younger.

So it looks like you are not eating enough and trying to lose too much too fast. Your diet is around 39% protein, 55% carbs and 6% fat. Not too but, but the fat levels are too low.

One site recomends for boxers 45 to 55 percent CHO, 30 to 40 percent protein and 15 percent fat. I recommend upping your overall calories and adding more fat to your diet, your will still lose weight but in a gradual safer way. see my sig for more info.
            Disclaimer - I am not a nutritionist, this is just stuff that works for me.

Comment

ok im still only around 151.. and i work crazy hard.. im drenched in sweat 5-6 days a week while i work out. Im going to get hydroxycut but i wont start taking it until march, becuase i gotta wait till the golden gloves is over for a fight which is in april.. ill let you guys know how it works out

Comment

splenda is ****in trash and its poison. refined sugar is bad but actually its much better than splenda. that **** is literally imbalming fluid. it contains aspartame and carcinogens and **** and when you put it in water and microwave it it turns into pharmaldahide . but i cant just eat raw tuna so what i did is get the new olive oil mayo reduced fat from hellmans. its has half the fat and is made with olive oil so i just put light mayo in it and organic relish. an d **** hydroxy cut. all that **** will leave you. do nothing chemical and not natural. only take natural things because your body will pay for it down the road. but besides that you diet is beautiful what do you season your chicken with?

Comment

Working...
                X