No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Brian Vera Score KO Wins in Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Brian Vera Score KO Wins in Texas

Dr. Pepper Ballpark, Frisco, Texas - Junior middleweight contender James Kirkland (28-1, 25 KOs) stopped Dennis Sharpe (17-8-3, 4 KOs) in the first round. Sharpe went down twice. Kirkland is coming off the first loss of his career, which came in April at the hands of little known Nobohiro Ishida. Kirkland was down three times in that fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

after that loss kirkland got exposed by a feather fisted fighter he wont beat any top contender

Comment

props to .....................james overrated @ss.......................

Comment

Congrats to Kirkland.

He has a lot to work on still.

hopefully he can make 154 next time out.

Comment

he beat a dude with like 10% KO%. Dan Rafael says Sharpe almost died in his last fight and was suprised he was even cleared. Guess they gave Kirkland a REAL CAN. Dude probably has nightmares of Japan and they never gonna give him someone with a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            he beat a dude with like 10% KO%. Dan Rafael says Sharpe almost died in his last fight and was suprised he was even cleared. Guess they gave Kirkland a REAL CAN. Dude probably has nightmares of Japan and they never gonna give him someone with a punch.
            He was suppose to fight Saul Duran.

Sharpe was a last second replacement.

Kinda explains why he couldn't take a decent body shot.

Comment

Kirkland fighting again next month I think. They should just have him spar with good guys instead of fighting Bums. These fights arent going to help him, get some world class guys to spar with. I dont think he learns anything in these type of fights, Im sure his sparring was tougher than this fight tonight.

Comment

Wouldn't mind a James Kirkland vs Vera rematch either that 1st fight was a freakin brawl and half.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Kirkland fighting again next month I think. They should just have him spar with good guys instead of fighting Bums. These fights arent going to help him, get some world class guys to spar with. I dont think he learns anything in these type of fights, Im sure his sparring was tougher than this fight tonight.
                  i agree - i think sparring with world class guys will be much more beneficial to him at this point. these fights simply give him false confidence, and encourage his same mistakes.

Comment

Kirkland looked bad considering the nature of his opponent. He's meant to make a statement, type of fighter you knock-out with the opening punch. Just really bad, open and wide... I don't see this as a step forward in any form. if he's going to keep knocking out bums... well done. Otherwise...

Least he's back with Wolfe-pack.

Comment

Working...
                    X