Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched Quartey vs De La Hoya again last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Quartey vs De La Hoya again last night.

I have probably watched this fight over 40 times now, and I still have not watched it even one time where I thought Oscar won. It was an exciting fight with a great 12th round rally from Oscar, but frankly it always looks like a robbery whenever I watch it.

Thought I was rooting for Bazooka, I thought Oscar pulled it out in the 12th. I didn't always feel that way, but as I got older, my opinion changed. It was a good fight though. I haven't seen it in a while, so that might change.

Comment

great fight very debatable decision not a robbery though

the round where they both get dropped is great still gets me hyped to this day lol

boxing really misses fights like that

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
        Thought I was rooting for Bazooka, I thought Oscar pulled it out in the 12th. I didn't always feel that way, but as I got older, my opinion changed. It was a good fight though. I haven't seen it in a while, so that might change.
        i applaud you for supporting non blacks and being objective, unlike street bully who strictly supports fighters with highly pigmented skin

Comment

I had Quartey winning by two points. Yeah, it was a head scratcher but hard to complain after that 12th round from oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            I have probably watched this fight over 40 times now, and I still have not watched it even one time where I thought Oscar won. It was an exciting fight with a great 12th round rally from Oscar, but frankly it always looks like a robbery whenever I watch it.
            This was a great fight. I haven't watched it in awhile. I taped it back when it came on, and I haven't transferred it from VHS to DVD yet. But anyway, like yourself I had watched this fight many times, and I had Ike winning by one point every time I scored it. I even watched this fight with the volume off, so I wouldn't be influenced by the commentators. Even though I thought Ike won, I wouldn't necessarily call this a robbery. This was a simple case of "to be the champ, you have to beat the champ". Meaning you have to thoroughly beat the champ to take his title. And Oscar was the man to beat at WW at the time. Not to mention he was marketable.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
              This was a great fight. I haven't watched it in awhile. I taped it back when it came on, and I haven't transferred it from VHS to DVD yet. But anyway, like yourself I had watched this fight many times, and I had Ike winning by one point every time I scored it. I even watched this fight with the volume off, so I wouldn't be influenced by the commentators. Even though I thought Ike won, I wouldn't necessarily call this a robbery. This was a simple case of "to be the champ, you have to beat the champ". Meaning you have to thoroughly beat the champ to take his title. And Oscar was the man to beat at WW at the time. Not to mention he was marketable.
              good point

Comment

I still think Oscar pulled that 1 out,but my opinion on Oscar-Sweet Pea changed,I thought Pernell won after watching it a couple more times!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I had Quartey winning by two points. Yeah, it was a head scratcher but hard to complain after that 12th round from oscar.
                  Oscal literally did nothing but get outboxed from round 5 until round 11.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Oscal literally did nothing but get outboxed from round 5 until round 11.
                    Basically. I think I might've given him the 10th.

Comment

Working...
                    X