Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen with Guillermo 'El Chacal' Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I tend to like the idea of these fighters working with GBP, or even MP, better; but, honestly, despite all the bad things you hear about Arum, I'm not sure what's best for these guys.

I can wait on a Donaire fight a little longer. I think Rigo needs to take a couple of more steps forward before taking on Nonito. As good as he is, Guillermo can use more pro experience against better opposition than he's faced.
    I feel you. I'd like to see Rigo fight a couple fights next against guys like Molitor, Shimoda, and Ndlovu. Some Top 10 SBW's. Cordoba and Ramos were solid wins, but I'd like to see a few more solid wins over Top 10 guys.

I just don't think the Donaire fight is ever going to happen, ever.

Comment

Casa Tszyu maybe...... Or Mark Breland..... It'll be interesting to find out

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Casa Tszyu maybe...... Or Mark Breland..... It'll be interesting to find out
        Do you think Donaire-Rigondeaux will happen ever??? Seriously, I just want an honest opinion homie.

Comment

Donaire has said he would like to be undisputed at 122..... The only way he does that is to add Mathebula (IBF) Rigo (WBA) and Mares (WBC) to his W column.... At this point we can only see..... Hes off to a good start though

Comment

the only mistake Rigo made was to sign the Donaire contract.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Unlike Maniac, I think Rigo will continue to beat the hell out of, and out-class anybody that is put in the ring with him. If he keeps fighting like he has a chip on his shoulder, taking everybody out and embarrassing them one by one, there's absolutely no way that those in or around his division will be able to ignore him.
              Almost a year later, and Rigo puts his stamp of approval. Still pretty amazed what he did to Donaire last night. He fought on his own terms against a top-notch opponent, never fell for anything and allowed the fight to come to him.

Comment

i wanted to post in these threads but i rarley post.

Anyway, it was inevitable that rigo would beat donaire. Simply because he is a master crafts man.

He has faced over 400 different opponents. How many different styles, stances, rhythms , levels of power, speeds, tricks, attacks, pressure, characteristics and general boxing behaviours do u think he has seen?

How much boxing knowledge do u think he has accumulated?

Fact is this he has had a huge level of experience and several different trainers/camps.

Hes been at freddie roachs, roger mayweathers, god knows where else.

People were talking about the transition to proffesional rules for rigo and how it would effect him.

I knew that wouldnt matter with rigo. A fighter of his caliber can make the transition easier. Come on, he was world champion in his 9th fight? 8th fight?

Every Amatuer that turns pro is slowly brought along and eased into pro boxing.

Rigo just faced Nonito in his 12th fight. what else is there for him? Give the guy a break.

When i first saw rigo box i knew he was a special fighter. He is smarter than a lot of people think.

His style is masterful. He knows what YOU are doing yet he hides what he is doing. He is a master crafts man.

Enjoy his fights, he is boxing at an extremley high level. It is a very rare sight.

Comment

Originally posted by ikawpipa View Post
                  the only mistake Rigo made was to sign the Donaire contract.

LMAO...............TELL EM SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X