Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Judah beats Garcia would it indicate that the Khan win was a fluke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Garcia gets massive props because everyone hates Khan so much

KO him and you become an instant hero to the legions of khan haters.

That's all it is
    Cut me a break, he isn't anyone's hero. He has fans. Why the hell can't anyone have fans on this board anymore? Instantly people become "stans" and 'nuthuggers" Yet you do the same for some of YOUR hero's. ie Khan.

Garcia earned that win, and you're simply trying to take away from his accomplishments. In no way shape or form is he an elite or a great fighter. He's decent with good fundamentals at best, It shows you how much Khan sucks.

People hate Khan because he thinks he's a walking ATG. yes he bring money to the table but that doesn't make him a better fighter.

Leaky defense, predictable, weak chin, big mouth, ****y and arrogant makes people hate him.

Comment

No, it would give you more reason to believe styles make fights.

Comment

No. What Garcia did against Khan was nothing close to a fluke. He took a round to adjust to the speed, a round to get his timing, and basically ended it in the 3rd. Nothing fluke about it.

Judah winning would hold no bearing on what happened in Garcia-Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Garcia gets massive props because everyone hates Khan so much

KO him and you become an instant hero to the legions of khan haters.

That's all it is
          No it's actually because he has so many fans. Beat him and all those who love an overrate Khan will also overrate the guy that beat him

Comment

No, it would just indicate that styles make fights.

This past prime version of Judah beat Paris and Matthysse, so he's still an alright fighter. It's not like losing to Judah means that you suck, it more likely means you can not handle a fast southpaw with good power.

Comment

I think some of you underestimate the mental side of boxing - Angel's presence in the build up to that fight had a huge impact on Khans performance. He even said in the pre-fight conf that he'd definitely knock Danny out to get back at the racist remarks his dad had made. So Khan fought a dumb fight - playing into the hands of the Garcias. Like Zab said, its a tactic and Khan fell for it. His own unbridled aggression worked heavily against him.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Cut me a break, he isn't anyone's hero. He has fans. Why the hell can't anyone have fans on this board anymore? Instantly people become "stans" and 'nuthuggers" Yet you do the same for some of YOUR hero's. ie Khan.

Garcia earned that win, and you're simply trying to take away from his accomplishments. In no way shape or form is he an elite or a great fighter. He's decent with good fundamentals at best, It shows you how much Khan sucks.

People hate Khan because he thinks he's a walking ATG. yes he bring money to the table but that doesn't make him a better fighter.

Leaky defense, predictable, weak chin, big mouth, ****y and arrogant makes people hate him.

I'm not taking garcias win away, he did earn it.

But I don't subscribe to popular opinion, I say it as I see it, might be right or wrong.

I definitely think khan would fight different and have a good chance in a rematch

You say garcia didn't get extra credit because of khan being hated, then in the next breath admit how hated khan is

People on here like to act all impartial and say they aren't biased, but 99% of them are

Comment

styles make fights...

I don't think at any point in Judah's career he could beat Amir Khan. Khan's hand speed was too much for him. Garcia is a lot slower, more a patient fighter and that plays into Zab's strengths more.

Comment

I like Khan, he is always entertaining to watch, and am not a huge Garcia fan but no way that fight was a fluke.
                    People are just surprised after Khan seemed to be making easy work of Danny G. in the first two rounds that he made the adjustments and got the KO.
                    Credit to Garcia, you could see at the end of round 3 he was really starting to time Khan coming in and getting off some really good shots.
                    No way that win was a fluke, just great in-fight adjustments by Garcia.

Comment

nah Kahn tore him good

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X