No announcement yet.

WBC enforcing Matthysse as mandatory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC enforcing Matthysse as mandatory?

Just read on ********* that the winner of Garcia Judah will have to immediately face Matthysse.

What do you guys think? Could just be bull****. I'll believe it when I see that the fight is really made and the contracts are signed.

i think garcia will vacate the belt after he beats judah

Comment

They also said Garcia will have to face the winner of Ajose and Garcia. Doesn't mean anything. Golden Boy pulls all the strings so Matthyse will have do listen to them, not the WBC. I doubt when Lara becomes the mandatory soon, Golden Boy is going to cancel Canelo-Mayweather just because the WBC said so.

If the WBC has any power at all to enforce anything, it's only when it's between two different promoters. If the fighters belong to the same promotional outfit, they'll just have to go along with what their promoter says. Golden Boy will probably pay Matthysse some step aside money and will promise he'll get a shot next time.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me, but Garcia's stock will plummet if he does it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          They also said Garcia will have to face the winner of Ajose and Garcia. Doesn't mean anything. Golden Boy pulls all the strings so Matthyse will have do listen to them, not the WBC. I doubt when Lara becomes the mandatory soon, Golden Boy is going to cancel Canelo-Mayweather just because the WBC said so.

If the WBC has any power at all to enforce anything, it's only when it's between two different promoters. If the fighters belong to the same promotional outfit, they'll just have to go along with what their promoter says. Golden Boy will probably pay Matthysse some step aside money and will promise he'll get a shot next time.
          WBC does have the power to enforce, thats way promotes pay them off

Comment

Sillyman says lots of silly things

I trust his words about as much as I trust his actions

Him and the crooks are motivated by $$ and can be bought

Comment

They also said the winner of Garcia Khan could only keep one belt and would have to choose between the WBA or WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                Yep. The WBC was already scheduled to strip Garcia for not dropping his other title, as they no longer allow unified champions. They havent done it yet because Garcia brings higher sanctioning fees than Matthyse or Olusegun.

If they actually try to enforce the fight, expect Garcia to vacate.

Comment

Garcia wins then vacates citing neck injury then posts pics of him wearing a cast on his foot

Comment

matthysse is already the mandatory being the WBC interim champion. not so sure why GBP cherry picked judah for garcia's next fight, completely mind boggling

Comment

Working...
                    X