Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach's joke of a strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His strategy was JMM geting old wahaha he said that when Roach was being interview wahaha

skip to 53 mark on the the video

Last edited by solo20; 11-18-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Why does Manny **** both of his hands up right before the throws a punch everytime?

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        There was nothing wrong with the strategy. The gameplan was flawless. Only problem was execution. They were expecting manny to initiate the exchanges then feint when the marquez right came and counter.

Problem was the right counter was rare so pac just sidestepped into body shots.

The marquez right only came as potshots or as pac was coming in before any exchange could take place. And those werent in the gameplan.
        gameplan was stupid.

yeah box a better boxer.

use technique to beat a guy who is technically better.

pac is at best when he's throwing tons of power punches and throwing combinations.

by boxing more cautiously to limit jmm's counterpunching opportunities , he limited pac's offensive opportunities as well.

you go at jmm. you make him fight. you make him fight every second.

he can't dodge everything. he can't counter everything.

yes pac will get countered but pac will land as well. (like the previous fights)

pac has the speed , power , chin , durablity and stamina (at this weight) advantages.

at this weight.....at this age..... jmm could (could) have been worn down by pac.

not only did he let jmm get comfortable , he fought at a pace that suited jmm.

you don't box a boxer. you apply pressure and outwork them.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          gameplan was stupid.

yeah box a better boxer.

use technique to beat a guy who is technically better.

pac is at best when he's throwing tons of power punches and throwing combinations.

by boxing more cautiously to limit jmm's counterpunching opportunities , he limited pac's offensive opportunities as well.

you go at jmm. you make him fight. you make him fight every second.

he can't dodge everything. he can't counter everything.

yes pac will get countered but pac will land as well. (like the previous fights)

pac has the speed , power , chin , durablity and stamina (at this weight) advantages.

at this weight.....at this age..... jmm could (could) have been worn down by pac.

not only did he let jmm get comfortable , he fought at a pace that suited jmm.

you don't box a boxer. you apply pressure and outwork them.

I'm not saying fight the same way, but if Manny had that controlled agression that he displayed in the Cotto fight, then I'm not sure we would have much controversy at all. The solid shots Manny landed, IMO hurt Marquez badly but unfortunately there weren't enough of them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            I'm not saying fight the same way, but if Manny had that controlled agression that he displayed in the Cotto fight, then I'm not sure we would have much controversy at all. The solid shots Manny landed, IMO hurt Marquez badly but unfortunately there weren't enough of them.
            they were so worried about being counterpunched.

you see it in the 1st round.

people talk about marquez making pac wary of coming in.

pac(roach) made pac wary.

he was hesitant from the beginning before jmm even landed anything.

roach made a serious mistake imo.

he thought pac has improved so much that he could box jmm.

i seriously think he thought the best way for pac to fight jmm is to try to draw him to take the lead like floyd did.

problem is that's not how pac fights.

you go with your strengths. yes pac's strengths go up against jmm's strengths.

but you still have to go with what you do best.

Comment

if you watched ESPN's Golpe a Golpe (the show Marquez is on) you would have known the strategy Marquez was going to use, he practically talked about the "new and improved" pacquiao, and what you needed to do to win on almost every episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                they were so worried about being counterpunched.

you see it in the 1st round.

people talk about marquez making pac wary of coming in.

pac(roach) made pac wary.

he was hesitant from the beginning before jmm even landed anything.

roach made a serious mistake imo.

he thought pac has improved so much that he could box jmm.

i seriously think he thought the best way for pac to fight jmm is to try to draw him to take the lead like floyd did.

problem is that's not how pac fights.

you go with your strengths. yes pac's strengths go up against jmm's strengths.

but you still have to go with what you do best.
                I was thinking the same thing.

I mean Manny took solid shots from Margarito and Cotto and didn't let that stop him from coming in, but yet he was wary of Marquez power/counter punching?

I understand he was hurt by Marquez, but I doubt it was to the point he was in serious trouble.

Comment

How did you score it?

I had it 116 - 112 Pacquiao

somebody can have it 116-112 Marquez and its good too. too many variable rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing.

I mean Manny took solid shots from Margarito and Cotto and didn't let that stop him from coming in, but yet he was wary of Marquez power/counter punching?

I understand he was hurt by Marquez, but I doubt it was to the point he was in serious trouble.
                    they thought they could outbox , out-technique marquez.

crazy.

pac has the natural skills over jmm. speed , power , etc.

but no matter how much he's improved......jmm will always be superior to him technically.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                      Take a look at this vid. This may have been the last mitt session he had w/ Dumbquiao leading up to the fight. As y'all can see, it just doesn't make sense with how Roach is trying to put together on how to deal with Juanita's counter-lead right.

Point #1 - Juanita uses the counter lead right when he's backin' up, not when he's coming forward. But, in the vid below, you see Roach trying to mimic Juanita, however, Roach is walking forward throwing the lead right. Complete opposite of what Juanita does.

Point #2 - Another counter Roach came up with, and this has been their drill for a longtime, is to sidestep to Dumbquiao's left whenever he sees the lead right coming, but, in reality, Juanita doesn't execute it like that, he usually steps to his left and then fires the lead right and Dumbquiao and Roach are so stupid, they don't even practice moving to the right to cut the ring off against the right-handed fighter.
                      bottom line roach and pacroids are bums.. always have been always will be.. suck on that

Comment

Working...
                      X