Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One True Talent, One Promising Prospect: Gamboa, Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: One True Talent, One Promising Prospect: Gamboa, Garcia

By David P. Greisman and Ryan ******** - ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – Yuriorkis Gamboa’s win over Jorge Solis wasn’t the one performance that justified his mystique, nor was it the one victory that solidified him as a top titleholder and a true talent.

Rather, it was just the latest in stellar performances showcasing what he is capable of doing – and how easily he can do it.

Gamboa demolished Solis, knocking him down five times and taking nary a solid shot in return en route to a fourth-round technical knockout victory Saturday night at the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Both featherweights came out cautiously in the first. Solis jabbed, looking for openings. Gamboa blocked Solis’ punches and threw an occasional shot, looking to see what his opponet was bringing.

This was the difference between the two. Before the bout even began, Solis already knew he was in for it.

By the time the first round was over, Gamboa knew that Solis was his for the taking.

Gamboa didn’t need a jab to create openings – not with his superlative speed, and not with the skills and ability honed over a long, illustrious amateur career.

His lead punch was a left hook, which was then followed by a right hand. One right hand landed with Solis near the ropes. It was followed with a left hook to the chin that sent Solis down for the first time of the evening.

It was very clear that it would not be the last.

The second knockdown actually shouldn’t have been ruled as such – later in the second round, Gamboa landed a right hand behind Solis’ head. Solis went to the canvas, and the referee wrongly called it a knockdown. [Click Here To Read More]

After seeing this I dont think garcia wants gamboa he never wanted to figjt lopez they made that clear cuz they know gamboa is there for the taking but garcia didnt show nothing special and I dont think he has a shot to beat gamboa bur gamboa knows he wont win against lopez thats why he keeps calling out a fight with john thats never going to happen lopez came into the ring and said lets make the fight gamboa has to tell arum the same thing so it can happen but gamboa wants john lol I will enjoy when juanma kos salido easy

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      After seeing this I dont think garcia wants gamboa he never wanted to figjt lopez they made that clear cuz they know gamboa is there for the taking but garcia didnt show nothing special and I dont think he has a shot to beat gamboa bur gamboa knows he wont win against lopez thats why he keeps calling out a fight with john thats never going to happen lopez came into the ring and said lets make the fight gamboa has to tell arum the same thing so it can happen but gamboa wants john lol I will enjoy when juanma kos salido easy
      Anyways, the rest of us will be more impressed with Juanna Lopez as soon as he stops letting Bob Arum protect him from Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Comment

your basing that off 1 fight? what about juanma's struggle vs rogers mgtawa? stop hating ******

Comment

You are mentally ******ed, idiot. Garcia is very good, he defeated an undefeated foe. Your jealousy of Mexicans is becoming an art.

Comment

PRBOXINGMORON - everyone knows you are an idiot! Gamboa TOLD JuanMa that since they agreed on TV tonight to a fight that he needs to step up and sign the fight after the Salido fight!!! What part about that DONT you undertstand you **** for brains??!!!!

Comment

you are one biased motha****er. a puerto rican could **** on an cone and you would eat it over anything else calling it ice cream.

Comment

If garcia and gamboa do fight it would mean large exposure for the featherweight division.

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed with Garcia. He does everything very good but nothing is great or stands out other than his defense. To me, he seems like a Rocky Juarez kinda fighter just a little bit better. He may win a title but I don't see him ready yet for the elite of the division. Maybe after both Juanma and Gamboa move up to 130 lbs, that would be the time for Garcia to step up...

And regarding the Juanma vs. Gamboa fight, they both made it clear they want to fight each other. It's Bob Arum who doesn't want the fight. If he was sure Juanma would win, he would match them together since Juanma is the bigger draw. But I think Bob knows as most of us do that Gamboa appears to be the better of the two. That's just too much risk for greedy scumbag Bob, who wants to keep milking Juanma with the PR fanbase and protect him and keep him safe. That's too bad though, since both are in their prime and would make for an excellent fight....

Comment

Working...
                  X