No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather should just retire, his legacy is set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather should just retire, his legacy is set

He has nothing to gain from fighting young fighters such as Alexander, Guerrero, Bradley, Trout etc. People won't remember those fights/wins , he would have everything to lose and not much to gain from them even money/ppv wise.

If he needs money, only Canelo and Marquez II will bring it for him, but those fights will not add anything to his legacy.

That is why the Pacquiao fight was huge for Floyd to cement his legacy as the greatest of alll time, but it was killed due to Marquez.

the only fight that can enchance it is with Sergio Martinez but that seems like it will never happen as well. With those 2 mega fights realisticaly gone..Floyd will just be remembered as the greatest boxer of his generation, not the greasest

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
    He has nothing to gain from fighting young fighters such as Alexander, Guerrero, Bradley, Trout etc. People won't remember those fights/wins , he would have everything to lose and not much to gain from them even money/ppv wise.

If he needs money, only Canelo and Marquez II will bring it for him, but those fights will not add anything to his legacy.

That is why the Pacquiao fight was huge for Floyd to cement his legacy as the greatest of alll time, but it was killed due to Marquez.

the only fight that can enchance it is with Sergio Martinez but that seems like it will never happen as well. With those 2 mega fights realisticaly gone..Floyd will just be remembered as the greatest boxer of his generation, not the greasest
    It was killed because both sides were primadonnas

Comment

HAHAHA Marquez ruined his legacy fight LOL.

HE has nothing to do now in the sport but collect paychecks.

Comment

Floyd is nouveau riche and can't or doesn't know how to save his money aparrantly.

Comment

I prefer to remember Floyd for the profound,memorable quotes that he gave us.My favourite one being:

Comment

I agree that Floyd's legacy is already set. He had between 2006-2011 to really make his mark in the sport and instead he squandered it. Nothing he can do now can improve his legacy, but if he continues fighting these young guys his age will catch up to him at some point and his mediocre legacy will be tarnished. He should just retire and finally let everyone else move on.

Comment

I'm sure he'd love to be able to retire, y'all, but it's become quite apparent that he needs money and will continue boxing only for the money.

Not that I have anything against that. He's paid his dues to the sport, he can fight whoever the hell he wants. But let's just remember that the word "legacy" is not a factor to Floyd now.

Comment

LMAO at all these heart broken pactards.

Comment

Well he can continue fighting if he wants and fighting the younger, hungrier fighters can in fact a 36 year old legacy, Martinez and Hopkins enhance his legacy by fighting and beating younger guys and I have no doubt that the same should be for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
                    Floyd is nouveau riche and can't or doesn't know how to save his money aparrantly.
                    lol @ nouveau riche, but yeah Mayweather is a gambling addict from Las Vegas, he won't retire. Expect a James Toney future for his boxing career.

As for his legacy, I don't think it will be looked upon fondly in years to come much in the same way as RJJ's isn't, too many question-marks and unanswered questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X