No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Pac-Marquez 24/7 will be shown on CNN"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boy Abunda View Post
    My sources tell me it will be on the Food Network.
    on the Food Network at 2Am..................

Comment

I voted no because I don't feel that anybody from cnn's audience who is not already a boxing fan or casual watcher will pay $60 to watch 2 foreigners. CNN is going to be talking about America's debt for the next few months and some of yall thinking showing 2 foreigners 1 who can't speak english and the other who barely speaks english is going to get people to spend $60. LLS I don't think this was a good move at all. Manny being a congressman angle will not work either!!

Comment

at least it won't be on bravo...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
          Boxing is not big enough of a sport to show on CNN. Even if Ali was in his prime today, CNN, a news only station, would not be justified in showing a boxing show. In fact, no individual sport is big enough. The ENTIRE Olympics, maybe. But not one sport.
          Translation, the bigger my font the more I can troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
            at what time? 2 in the morning? I just don't see this happening...at least not in the middle of the day..

Comment

Why a news channel? Why can't ESPN pick this up?

Could you imagine fox news hosting a prefight show?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                Translation, the bigger my font the more I can troll.
                thanks for the red K homey.

Comment

I don't think the CNN bit is about PPV buys as much as it is about growing Pac's brand to a older, more mature audience. I think this is more about Manny's endorsements and political aspirations (he will be a Governor in 2013, when he retires presumably). I have a feeling his interview with Piers Morgan will focus more on his political career than on the fight, although it will be promoted obviously. I think it will be like the 60 minutes thing- more of a profile of the person and not only the fighter.

The TNT (during the NBA season) and TBS (MLB Playoffs) coverage is more about PPV buys as it targets younger sports fans who are obviously more likely to purchase fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    I don't think the CNN bit is about PPV buys as much as it is about growing Pac's brand to a older, more mature audience. I think this is more about Manny's endorsements and political aspirations (he will be a Governor in 2013, when he retires presumably). I have a feeling his interview with Piers Morgan will focus more on his political career than on the fight, although it will be promoted obviously. I think it will be like the 60 minutes thing- more of a profile of the person and not only the fighter.

The TNT (during the NBA season) and TBS (MLB Playoffs) coverage is more about PPV buys as it targets younger sports fans who are obviously more likely to purchase fights.
                    Point well taken. Wasn't the 60 minutes segment a big flop though? Was the whole show about Manny or just a segment?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

we don't mind what you think prince......

Comment

Working...
                      X