Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko in Play? Warren Grabs David Haye's May 21 Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko in Play? Warren Grabs David Haye's May 21 Date

Several strong sources have advised BoxingScene.com that promoter Frank Warren has secured the date of May 21 on Sky Sports. The details of Warren's show is expected in the next two weeks. The date of May 21 was previously reserved for WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Several strong sources have advised BoxingScene.com that promoter Frank Warren has secured the date of May 21 on Sky Sports. The details of Warren's show is expected in the next two weeks. The date of May 21 was previously reserved for WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
    There was a rumour going round a few other boxing forums that Haye had accepted the July date. Not sure if its true but i hope so. Although with just 8 weeks between the Chisora fight its a risky date imo.

Comment

Such a weird choice by Wlad to probably face his toughest challenge in years only 8 weeks after fighting Chisora.

I'm praying they do it in America, but it will probably be Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Such a weird choice by Wlad to probably face his toughest challenge in years only 8 weeks after fighting Chisora.

I'm praying they do it in America, but it will probably be Germany.
        Bizzare imo, If i was Haye i would jump at that date. But say if Wlad is cut in the Chisora fight or its much tougher than people think. Would he be willing to go straight into training for his big fight after 12 hard rounds?

Comment

Here's hoping, but I supect it won't happen...
          Wlad must be super confident in despatching Chisora early if he has plans for a July date with Haye. Chisora can fight dirty and will be preparred to rush in on Wlad with his head. We could see cuts.

Comment

I don't see why Haye won't accept this offer. It's even better for him that Wlad has only 8 weeks between the fights. Why would he retire without biggest payday in his life?

Comment

It looks like there could be an announcement today or tomorrow confirming the fight has been signed.

Haye updated his twitter page saying the following

"Does some well overdue Klit licking potentially being on the horizon be something you may be interested in....???

Comment

IF haye and Wlad agree on July - what does this mean for Khan VS Bradley????????? with Khan needing to starve himself to prove he believes in the mythical thing called god i'm guessing it could get pushed out to later on in the year?
                will be gutted if Haye and Wlad do agree it and then it falls down AGAIN and we dont get the Khan fight...

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  IF haye and Wlad agree on July - what does this mean for Khan VS Bradley????????? with Khan needing to starve himself to prove he believes in the mythical thing called god i'm guessing it could get pushed out to later on in the year?
                  will be gutted if Haye and Wlad do agree it and then it falls down AGAIN and we dont get the Khan fight...
                  Imo the main reason sky didnt want Haye vs Wlad on April 30 was it clashed over the same weekend as the royal wedding.

Comment

but what will happen to the Khan-Bradley date set for July 23rd now?

Comment

Working...
                    X