Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a robbery ruin the Super 6 tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it would.....this is suppose to be the begining af a better matchups in boxing.....

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
      yes it would.....this is suppose to be the begining af a better matchups in boxing.....
      And yes I still think the tournament is a good idea, but I think judging would have to be performed at a higher and more honest standard. A bad decision would no longer just screw over a single losing fighter and boxing fans. It would also impact the integrity of the entire tournament and every fighter's tourney victories.

Comment

Offcourse it would.

Robberies are never good in boxing except when they happen to John Ruiz.

Comment

A robbery would make the tourney which was designed to determine a clear cut top smw a waste of time really.

Comment

I think one of the problems with this tourney is that most of the fights will take place in the fighters hometowns. That could bring up a dodgy decision or two.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              And yes I still think the tournament is a good idea, but I think judging would have to be performed at a higher and more honest standard. A bad decision would no longer just screw over a single losing fighter and boxing fans. It would also impact the integrity of the entire tournament and every fighter's tourney victories.
              co-signed that!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                I think one of the problems with this tourney is that most of the fights will take place in the fighters hometowns. That could bring up a dodgy decision or two.
                especially in Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                  Exactly.. The styles, competitors and locations of every fight in the first round has the makings of close and potentially questionable decisions. This thing could be in bad shape before we even get to round 2. It would be a real bad blow for boxing considering so much capital will already be invested.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                    Offcourse it would.

Robberies are never good in boxing except when they happen to John Ruiz.
                    Of course robberies are bad but in this particular situation, a robbery would have a greater impact than just screwing over a single fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      A robbery would make the tourney which was designed to determine a clear cut top smw a waste of time really.
                      Yup, and because the tourney will be held over a lengthy period of time, it has the potential to tie up the top fighters at SMW for longer than necessary. Hopefully these fights end convincingly or with fair decisions.. Unfortunately, over as many fights as this tournament will be, it is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X