Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be real.. k pavlik was the great white hype.. he got exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the first thing that when through my head when he was knocked down by taylor the first time, Pavlik is very 1 dimensional but no shame in losing to Hopkins he is a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
      Listen to what you're saying guy. He struggled with Taylor.......yes but so did Hopkins and so did Winky Wright. At least he won both fights.

Did anybody say that he has Roy Jones skills or confuse him with Floyd Mayweather on a P4P scale???? No he was hyped for what he is, a very good fighter who is still working on becoming great. I said, don't write him off based on one loss to a great fighter in Hopkins and I stand by that. He can still be great.

So again, stop the nonsense and over the top analysis as if he just got humiliated by a club fighter.

like i said man, people were talking like he was the 2nd coming of Jesus or something.. if u were unaware if the hype i dunno where u were.. it aint nonsense to me... he was picked by many to not only beat bhop but to ko him.. and he lost and lost badly.. to a legend no doubt but u would think with all the skills he has he'd be able to put up a better fight with a 43 year old man right? am i right or am i wrong? maybe pavlik can be a great fighter, maybe he wont be only time will tell.. my whole thing was imo, he was being overhyped and i didnt think he had earned it.. not saying he's a bad fighter, just saying he hadnt done enough yet to get all that hype

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
        like i said man, people were talking like he was the 2nd coming of Jesus or something.. if u were unaware if the hype i dunno where u were.. it aint nonsense to me... he was picked by many to not only beat bhop but to ko him.. and he lost and lost badly..

1. Nobody confused him with Jesus or with having the athetic abitity or skills of Roy Jones.

2. Nobody picked him to KO Hopkins because of what Pavlik can do, some did that because of what they thought Hopkins can't do ANYMORE. They were wrong and alot of us were as well.

Still stands, not a hyped fighter and didn't get exposed in the sense that he still will be back and could go on to do great things at 160 and that the loss didn't come to a nobody BUT an all-time great.

Night.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
          1. Nobody confused him with Jesus or with having the athetic abitity or skills of Roy Jones.

2. Nobody picked him to KO Hopkins because of what Pavlik can do, some did that because of what they thought Hopkins can't do ANYMORE. They were wrong and alot of us were as well.

Still stands, not a hyped fighter and didn't get exposed in the sense that he still will be back and could go on to do great things at 160 and that the loss didn't come to a nobody BUT an all-time great.

Night.
          1. alot of people thought he had insane strength and had power equivalent to or greater than guys like marvin hagler etc,

2. alot of people maybe not u and i sure as hell didnt, predicted pavlik would ko hopkins no matter what.. some fools were saying even if bhop was younger he would still get koed by pavlik

3. bhop is an all time great no doubt.. but im going to ask u again, dont u think someone with the skills of pavlik would be able to do just a tad bit better against a 43 year old fighter??

he may continue to be a good fighter at 160 i guess we will see..
          not a bad fighter but was overhyped

adios

Comment

First of all, The great white hope is used for the heavyweight division only. Second Pavlik is not hype he beat Taylor twice (Taylors stocks went up). Pavlik is still the undisputed MW Champion of the world. This thread fails

Comment

Pavlik needs a new trainer. Loew wasn't giving Pavlik any kind of useful advise. All I heard was "double up the jab" in between almost every round. No encouragement. NOTHING! Loew SUCKS!

Comment

i agree if pavlik wants to advance he needs a new trainer.. jack gave him sorry advice

Comment

Pavlik's still a good fighter. He just has distinct weaknesses (as most fighters do), and a master like Hopkins was able to exploit them fully and make Pavlik look ****ty.

Pavlik still is the man @ 160 and may have a nice reign in the future.

I'm glad Pavlik lost, because now apparently he will stay at 160. I didn't want to see Pavlik fight Calzaghe....I always would rather have seen Pavlik-Abraham.

Comment

I agree with C.Y. on Pavlik being a great white hype. He is not overrated BUT he was overhyped as hell by alot of people & media. Especially the ones saying he was going to KO BHop. People should give Calslappy more credit now.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
                      yeah i said it..
                      look, im not saying he wanted to play that role because he does seem like a humble guy but.. imo that what he pretty much was.. the next new american white hype.. look at his resume look at him fight he isnt a special fighter.. his one decent opponent was taylor and he had life and death struggles against him.. media was building him up like he was superman and had legendary powers.. going as far as saying he had power equilavent to hagler and all other bs.. like i said from jump, he is a basic 1 to 2 punch fighter all he does is the a jab and come with a strong right hand after that.. he has no plan b, c, or d.. he cant adjust to situations, his defense sucks, his chin is ok and he has decent power but not grade A hercules power like they say.. if there was any other fighter like him he wouldnt be getting the same publicity.. and he got exposed.. he also fights dirty.. i told people he couldnt handle calzaghe, **** he barely got past taylor, bhop absolutely destroyed him, jones would probably destroy him, and overall he's a decent fighter but far from elite, he hasnt beaten anyone to claim such.. he got exposed
                      Oh for Christ sake. Kelly was fighting out of his best weight class. Credit to BHop, he won fair and square. He might even win fighting at 160. Credit to Calgahze for winning back in April.

Comment

Working...
                      X