Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko: If No Deal, We'll Move On Without Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko: If No Deal, We'll Move On Without Povetkin

WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 51 KOs) is ready to move forward, without Alexander Povetkin (26-0, 18 KOs), if the two sides are unable to reach an agreement by the WBA's deadline date of June 7th. The fight is scheduled for October 5th in Moscow, Russia.

There is a still a dispute over which organization will be used to test both boxers for performance enhancing drugs. Klitschko wants to use NADA [Nationale Anti Doping Agentur], based in Germany - while Povetkin's side wants to use RUSADA [Russian Anti-Doping Agency], which the Klitschko side rejected. Both NADA and RUSADA are affiliated with WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency]. There are other outstanding issues that need to be resolved .
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everything that comes to the legal terms in Russia is an issue. No shocker !!!

Comment

I don't get it. I know Team Povetkin and the Russian mafia are up to something, but why not have both?

Comment

They just need to stop being little girls and fight already. This is why nobody cares about the heavyweight division. theirs just as much divas as the lower weight classes if not bigger.

At least the lower weight division fighters actually fight each other. Everybody wants a title fight on their terms and without actually earning it. They all take shortcuts.

Comment

If the promoter is going to pay Wlad $17M then am sure they can afford to use both testing agencies if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            If the promoter is going to pay Wlad $17M then am sure they can afford to use both testing agencies if possible.
            I would think the hang up would involve what constitutes a failed test.

If one testing agency flags a fighter but the other does not then what?

Both sides will want their agency to be 1a and other sides to be 1b.

More to the point, if a Russian promoter is paying a Ukrainian 17m dollars to come to Russia then you better believe he is doing as many underhanded things as possible to protect his investment.

Hyrunov is the most dishonest and crooked promoter in the entire sport right now and that is saying something with guys like Ohner, Sauerland and King still running around cheating people.

Comment

This is the fight I want to see 2nd most in the division (the first being Fury/Haye) and I can't believe it is in jeopardy because of this nonsense.

Comment

The heavyweight division is a farce.

Comment

wlad wants to move on to fighting another bum.

please retire, k2s and let the hw crown free from muddragging.

Comment

Not really surprising. Had a feeling this fight was never gonna happen anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X