No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Would Like To Put Together Broner vs Litzau

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Would Like To Put Together Broner vs Litzau

Southpaw Mexican former WBO super bantamweight titlist Daniel Ponce De Leon's body already was heavily tattooed before Saturday night's super featherweight bout against 21-year-old Adrien Broner of Cincinnatti.

[Click Here To Read More]

Broner v Litzau another GBP snoozer, Golden Boy is wasting a lot of money paying Schaefer who I think is a liar and a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by DookieStain
      Ponce beat Broner. Body shot's count. Ponce tattooed Broner's body. Broner sucks I got litzau if they fight.
      yeah they do, but when you land the same amount of shots and your's are body and your opponent's are head.....you lose. Ponce landed like a quarter of his punches. Broner should have been more active, but the skill gap was obvious.

Broner would school litzau

Comment

this would be a horribly boring fight due to style clashes. broner by UD, or maybe a KO because Litzau's defense is loose like sleeve of wizard. off broner's last performance, litzau very well could pull off a UD if he trains hard and stays very active. he has no pop, though.

Comment

Broner lost that fight. Body shots are extremely underrated, and adding in the fact of how much power De Leon packs, even a partially blocked body shot still hurts. Broner didn't even start landing till about halfway through the fight, and even then he wasn't "landing at will". Most of Broners shots weren't very effective, although they looked flashy. When you square up with your hands high like Broner did, and you snap out a punch with absolutely no body movement, there is almost nothing on the shot. Broner faught much differently than he normally does. In fact, he fought the complete opposite way he normally does. Every flaw I mentioned above about Broner was never apparent before the Ponce fight, and I believe people are overrated the power in which he was landing with his shots based on his record alone . It isn't hard to make Ponce's head snap back, the guy is probably P4P the most imbalanced fighter, but that doesn't mean that every shot landed while off balance should be determined "effective". A hook from Malignaggi could turn his head given the opportunity. This also, in my opinion, is another factor that gave the 'illusion' that Broner was "largely outclassing" De Leon.
          Last edited by BG_Knocc_Out; 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I was at the fight and i saw it 95-95 even after watching it on the hbo replay, broner is a poor mans floyd jr but you could tell he gave deleon respect because of ponces power but also gave him problems. the only score i dont get is the 99-91 card, that dude should be banned from judging fights...Litzau will get scorched by Broner,too fast for him...i would like to see broner vs gamboa at 130

Comment

Broner/Ponce was close. For whatever reason, Broner chose not to use his physical advantages.

Broner will beat the absolute hell out of Litzau. Which sucks, because I'm a fan of Litzau.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                Broner lost that fight. Body shots are extremely underrated, and adding in the fact of how much power De Leon packs, even a partially blocked body shot still hurts. Broner didn't even start landing till about halfway through the fight, and even then he wasn't "landing at will". Most of Broners shots weren't very effective, although they looked flashy. When you square up with your hands high like Broner did, and you snap out a punch with absolutely no body movement, there is almost nothing on the shot. Broner faught much differently than he normally does. In fact, he fought the complete opposite way he normally does. Every flaw I mentioned above about Broner was never apparent before the Ponce fight, and I believe people are overrated the power in which he was landing with his shots based on his record alone . It isn't hard to make Ponce's head snap back, the guy is probably P4P the most imbalanced fighter, but that doesn't mean that every shot landed while off balance should be determined "effective". A hook from Malignaggi could turn his head given the opportunity. This also, in my opinion, is another factor that gave the 'illusion' that Broner was "largely outclassing" De Leon.
                Well broken down - I agree. also the fact that Ponce was so undersized (best at 122), and even when off balance like you mentioned, he still couldn't really rock him. Ponce is a hell of a fighter, but he does lack some coordination and dexterity.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  agree,he landed a lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                    I was at the fight and i saw it 95-95 even after watching it on the hbo replay, broner is a poor mans floyd jr but you could tell he gave deleon respect because of ponces power but also gave him problems. the only score i dont get is the 99-91 card, that dude should be banned from judging fights...Litzau will get scorched by Broner,too fast for him...i would like to see broner vs gamboa at 130
                    you right, when you are at a fight live it looks different then when seeing it on television, even on the best HD. I had scored it one round in Ponce's favor, but a draw is probably the most appropriate score, because Broner's shots did appear to be more effective and "clean".

I don't think Broner should try to imitate floyd so much, he has better one punch power then floyd, so he should utilize a style more like a boxer/puncher. That would also make his countering THAT MUCH more effective (by going on the offensive more). He is rangy and should use the jab more. Haha he did throw a sweet lil check left hook that I recalled.

Comment

Working...
                    X