No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Peter Shocks Some With His Unexpected Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Peter Shocks Some With His Unexpected Return

Former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter has been handed a place in the prizefighter-style "Super 8″ boxing tournament in Auckland in June.

Dubbed the "Nigerian Nightmare", the 33-year-old joins Kali Meehan, Michael Sprott and Martin Rogan on the card for a night that mark's Sky TV's first foray into boxing promotion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn, That's stacked with Kali Meehan, sprott, peter.... This would be awesome if it was 2004

Comment

That's some serious pay day for these guys.

Comment

Sam Peter is only 33? I don't buy that. I'm still a fan of Peter, but he's cooked. I'd still watch the hell out of this tournament though.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
          Sam Peter is only 33? I don't buy that. I'm still a fan of Peter, but he's cooked. I'd still watch the hell out of this tournament though.
          I agree. A few years back i read he was older then he actually was. Like many latin baseball players the last few years lying about their age. Got no proof but read that somewhere... Interesting lineup & nice pay days...

Comment

I thought peter was fighting derric rossy this saturday...

Comment

I still think that first fight with wlad ruined peter even tho it was wlad who tasted the canvas. his chin just never seemed the same after that fight

Comment

Super 8? That's like one of the worst motel chains ever. HA.
                Seriously, some B class fighters in this one. Peter should do well.

Comment

mayb vs Botha or Tonney, that's about where he is, finished...

Comment

I wish Sam Peter the best, as I do any HW willing to earn his keep in this unforgiving and exploitative trade, but yes -- the man's real age is well over 33 and he was last witnessed plodding about and getting whacked by a Helenius who has long since been proven to be a limited fighter (injury or not). Sammy's peak was when was he was light on his feet (!) and firing rifle jabs (!!) in his second bout against a fat and sluggish James Toney... but his decline came soon and fast after that. Peter could not beat a timid and gun-shy Eddie Chambers in '09. Now, if his rumored presence at this event actually materializes, he cannot be anything but a step above a tomato can -- or a can, itself. Who needs him anyway -- the HW division is at long last a little more alive than it's been since Lennox Lewis retired, right? Does it make any sense to call Hasim Rahman out of virtual or Terrible Tim Witherspoon (two of my faves) out of declared retirement? The answer is: NO.
                    Last edited by gluesniffer; 03-20-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X