Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's absolutely no reason to have this as a sticky anymore. This fight isn't going to happen. Considering unsticking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ban Stick View Post
      There's absolutely no reason to have this as a sticky anymore. This fight isn't going to happen. Considering unsticking it.
      delete it probably makes the most sense.

Comment

There's absolutely no reason to have this as a sticky anymore. This fight isn't going to happen. Considering unsticking it.
        Bob Arum, did you hack Ban Stick's account? Damn you....

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          delete it probably makes the most sense.
          I don't delete threads with 1500+ posts in them, not to mention it had thousands before the DB crash.

Comment

Of course the fight isn't going to happen and it was clear long ago it wasn't going to ever happen. Some of the reason was lying face first several months ago and the rest of it was and is tangled up in promoter practicalities. Regardless, fight fans knew this fight was never going to happen now I guess we should act like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
              Of course the fight isn't going to happen and it was clear long ago it wasn't going to ever happen. Some of the reason was lying face first several months ago and the rest of it was and is tangled up in promoter practicalities. Regardless, fight fans knew this fight was never going to happen now I guess we should act like it.
              I'm not good at math but

9.22337203685E+18

Is a lot.

Comment

Good idea, it looks like the entire polulation of the earth has already voted on the poll.

Comment

• It will more than likely go down as the biggest fight in history that never happened. The fight that robbed the boxing fans of something they waited on for so long and never got. I'll never understand how they couldn't agree a 50/50 split of 100+ million. What a shame we never got to see this match a couple of years back when both were at their peaks

Comment

• Originally posted by Niall2012 View Post
                    It will more than likely go down as the biggest fight in history that never happened. The fight that robbed the boxing fans of something they waited on for so long and never got. I'll never understand how they couldn't agree a 50/50 split of 100+ million. What a shame we never got to see this match a couple of years back when both were at their peaks
                    It's why boxing is a fringe sport. And I hate saying that, because the sweet science is my passion. But it's so far from mainstream it's ridiculous. Sportscenter doesn't waste its breath on 98% of fights, and all of the major sports websites (espn, cbs sportsline, fox sports, etc) have boxing buried at the very back of their sites under "other sports" with the likes of lacrosse, swimming, and motherf**king ping pong or some ****.

Imagine if it was ran like professional organized sports like the NFL or NBA -- where you know, teams HAVE TO get through each other to get to the top. Wow, what a noble, inventive concept!! Imagine if the Magic Johnson Lakers and the Larry Bird Celtics didn't feel like playing each other because of risk of losing or money issues. Lmao, my God man it's so ******ed to even think about. But that's what these two phags did.

It could have been the world's biggest sporting event of the era, and instead all we have is gay ass fan bases from each side who have flooded the internet calling each other pac-tards and fl0mos. That's what that fight has been reduced to.

When there's an overwhelming public outcry by the fans (who f**king make these motherf**kers millionaires) for certain fights -- they MUST be made. Plain and simple. Or they need to have a board powerful enough to suspend said p*ssy boxer who wants to duck for whatever reason until he's man enough to step in the ring. Get it done. There's so many millions of dollars to go around it's f**king ******ed. And I know, it's not just the boxers. Something needs to be done with these evil, slimy f**king promoters. If they can't get a fight done then move their sorry ass to the side and bring in someone who can.

If other sports can get **** done, why can't this one?
                    Last edited by Mike D; 03-03-2013, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Fight would've happen already had Bob Arum got on his horse and took off after his son died...

Boxing as a whole becomes better when Bob Arum is no longer an authority figure in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X