Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxrec has Floyd vs Guerro listed already.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all knew this was the case. It's just a matter of waiting for the official announcement at this point.

Comment

They did the samething for Mayweather vs Ortiz... So there you have it Mayweather vs Guerrero it is.

Comment

Boxrec is always early on the trigger, they are incorrect sometimes too. I hope he fights Canelo instead. At least he has a puncher's chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
          I wonder how accurate they are. There has been no official statement made yet.
          What do you guys think?
          They had it right with Mayweather Ortiz well in advance. I made a thread about it and it got deleted. About a week or so later after I made the thread, the fight was announced.

However The Ghost is elite for ANY and I mean ANY WW fighter not named Floyd Mayweather. Just like Alvarez is elite for any and I mean ANY JMW fighter not named Mayweather.

So people are going to cry no matter which option he takes and claim he's ducking the other guy. Some of those idiots still don't believe that there is a fighter named Murray who Martienz is fighting. They keep screaming Martinez' name but fail to realize Martinez is fighting in April. The two names mentioned for May and September are top guys in the respected weight classes.

Either guy would be a hell of a fight if they had Pac's name or any other guys name 154 and below next to them. However once you put Floyd's name next to them (or anyone), it becomes a joke. These standards demonstrate just how great Floyd really is.

Unless we talk about Floyd fighting MW's and/or SMW's he's apparently cherry picking fighters who are simply just not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Not the fight I wanted BTW.

But it was obvious when Schaefer shut down Canelo vs Mayweather for May 4th. Who else can it be? It won't be Trout, it won't be a Top Rank fighter Timothy Bradley, it will not be Khan who doesn't have a win over a top fighter since beating Judah last year, definitely not Pacquiao, Marquez is pondering retirement, Cotto will take a vacation and he just lost, Alexander is fighting Brook.

That leaves it at Guerrero and Maidana, and Guerrero is coming off the better win right now.
            ...and yet some of these idiots are still crying about Martinez and fighting him at a catchweight of 150 (that Pac demanded then later rejected when Martinez accepted). They fail to realize that a fighter named Murray does in fact exists and that he is fighting Martinez (who's coming off an injury) in April 2013.

Some of these “fans” are going to act so surprised that Floyd is fighting yet another WW title holder. Something Pac has not done since 2009 when he fought Cotto at a CW. This is not a great fight but you put any other fighters name next to the Ghosts (to include pac) and it becomes a great match up. This is also the same when it comes to Alvarez. You put his name next to any other JMW and it becomes a great fight.

This just demonstrates how high the standards we place on Floyd and it will be remembered at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              ...and yet some of these idiots are still crying about Martinez and fighting him at a catchweight of 150 (that Pac demanded then later rejected when Martinez accepted). They fail to realize that a fighter named Murray does in fact exists and that he is fighting Martinez (who's coming off an injury) in April 2013.

Some of these “fans” are going to act so surprised that Floyd is fighting yet another WW title holder. Something Pac has not done since 2009 when he fought Cotto at a CW. This is not a great fight but you put any other fighters name next to the Ghosts (to include pac) and it becomes a great match up. This is also the same when it comes to Alvarez. You put his name next to any other JMW and it becomes a great fight.

This just demonstrates how high the standards we place on Floyd and it will be remembered at the end of the day.
              Very true, and i've said this before.

If Pacquiao would have beaten Marquez, and Arum made somehow made Pacquiao vs Guerrero; people would have been creaming their pants for this match up.

I mean these fans somehow found a way to make Pacquiao vs Margarito and Mosley legit. Surely Pacquiao vs Guerrero would be an event of the decade for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
                I wonder how accurate they are. There has been no official statement made yet.
                What do you guys think?
                Same exact thing happened when he fought Ortiz....it popped up on BoxRec almost a week before they actually announce it....by the looks of it it looks like Guerrero it is!!!! WAR

Comment

hmm, surely not! he has moved up several weight divisions, that cant be right?!!

Comment

They did that for the Ortiz fight as well. Weak. I would rather see him fight Alvarez or Khan

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Very true, and i've said this before.

If Pacquiao would have beaten Marquez, and Arum made somehow made Pacquiao vs Guerrero; people would have been creaming their pants for this match up.

I mean these fans somehow found a way to make Pacquiao vs Margarito and Mosley legit. Surely Pacquiao vs Guerrero would be an event of the decade for them.
                      No doubt as Pac hasn't fought a top WW in years. This would have been huge fight for him. But no, he fought bum after WW bum then demanded that 2 guys who do not even fight at WW move up. He "lost" to both. What's interesting about it and different from all his other WW fights is that both where not shot and/or losing or coming off the worst loss of thier caeer.

When Pac is fighting bums, he looks great. So the Ghost would have never been an option for Pac. He's winning. Holds a title AT WW and he's in his prime. Not to mention he's not coming off the worst loss of his careers like Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley who didn't achieve anything before fighting Pac.

I mean come on, how long has Pac been at WW and how many title holders/Champions has he faced? When Floyd moved up into the WW deivision he beat 2 out of the top 3 WW's right off the bat. He's beaten the #1 WW twice since fighting at WW. Pac has never done this or anything close at WW.

All and all, the Ghost would have been a great fight for Pac. However, if Bob keeps Bradley from Pac (or the other way around) again, I'm stuck on Pac vs Broner for 2013! I'm dead serious. Pac moves "down" and Broner moves "up". GREAT tune up for Pac and a GREAT test for Broner! If Pac can't beat him, he needs to retire. If Broner loses, so what, it's Manny Pac.

It will tell us how Pac handles other defensive counter punches who box, move and has a great right hand. It's a perfect tune up IMO and a fight that would sell!
                      Last edited by WESS; 12-20-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X