The Man Who Will Save Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    lol is that his famous injured toe
    Yes these are all good match ups if not the ideal ones that fans wants to see in the ring. But nowadays, I doubt if the promoters or the boxers themselves wants it for the fans. It is risky for them and for their stature in boxing. Besides, businesswise (again) it might not produce good income for them on pay per view! In boxing today, you have to struggle to make a name in the ring to increase your market value or stocks, and if you are already at the top, you do not just give it to an unknown street fighter without a huge income as a trade off for the risk! It has been said many times and ordinary fans have to understand. Of course the boxing actors and afficionados knows it from the start, that is why there are even mafiatic decisions by judges to fit the whim of the "powers that be" up there!

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
      Save it?he doesn't even fight man.
      This.

He is the British Mayweather in terms of treating boxing like an ATM machine, really not what boxing needs.

Anyway, lol @ OP's jungle avatar, he's clearly getting excited about Haye's appearance on this weekend's 'I'm a celebrity' launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He definitely got a little careless and allowed Gaye to land something wild. But its a worry that Gaye was gassed after less than 5 rounds. He'll probably find it harder to run all night against Vitali.
        there's no secrets about haye's stamina problems. i thought he fought stupid against jizzora. he didn't need to wrestle with the fat slob. that drains a lot of your stamina. both were tired by the 5th because of the way they was fightin.

Comment

David Price will do better than Haye, he's a better heavyweight.

Price is also a better man than the loud-mouthed, shallow, classless braggart.

That being said, I think Price has been moved too slowly the past two years. His promoter need to step him up before he gets too much older.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 11-09-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            David Price will do better than Haye, he's a better heavyweight.

Price is also a better man than the loud-mouthed, shallow, classless braggart.

That being said, I think Price has been moved too slowly the past two years. His promoter need to step him up before he gets too much older.
            Yet 9/10 times Haye would brutally end Price. Haye suffers from being a small heavyweight and an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              This.

He is the British Mayweather in terms of treating boxing like an ATM machine, really not what boxing needs.
              ya i guess the only difference is that mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. and haye is a bum.
              Last edited by sammiza567; 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Haye is a brilliant fighter, it's just a shame he's not really interested in boxing much anymore. Ever since he beat Valuev, it's like he fulfilled his ambitions because he literally became heavyweight champion of the world and that's what he was aiming for since he was a kid. But if Vitali stops avoiding him that would be a great fight for them both to go out on!

Comment

vitali avoiding haye? listen son vitali is a different breed of cat. he literally doesnt give two cents what anyone thinks. are we all forgetting how bad haye was criticized a while back when he ducked vitali. vit tried like hell to get that fight made a year or so ago.

Comment

Its too bad "the haymaker" was just some fictional character David invented because he has the talent to be that guy but unfortunately he didn't want to be a great fighter and took the easiest way up and talked his way into a title opportunity then just flopped.

Comment

no flaming **** who said he has slept with over 20 men is going to save boxing. End Thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X