Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best pressure fighter of last decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To quote Pulp Fiction:

'Just because you are a a character doesn't mean you have character.'

If a fighter stops applying pressure when they are consistently countered then they are not a pressure fighter.

If a fighter is 'in and out' when they are 'out' they are by defintion not applying pressure.

If a fighter can not cut off the ring then they are not a pressure fighter.

Manny Pacquiao is not a pressure fighter.

Opponents feel under pressure against Pacquiao because he's good and can knock them out at any given moment, opponents feel the same way when fighting Wladimir Klitschko, it doesn't make either of them a pressure fighter.

Comment

ill go with Paul Williams. every fight was non stop for him. Rios is still new to the game but he's a pure pressure fighter. Margarito as well. Cotto and Pac are not high pressure fighters at all. they engage and throw nice combos when in range but they stay on the outside for the most part. Hatton was all pressure. Kirkland is more of a pressure fighter. All in all the Punisher Paul Williams and Margarito were the best over the last 10 yrs.

Comment

high volume pressure fighter that is. Tim Bradley is an excellent pressure fighter as well.

Comment

almost forgot about Salido! now thats an effective pressure fighter right there. Gamboa is so good offensively he seems like a high pressure guy but i think its just because he hurts guys quick and pounces on them to get them out.

Comment

Jose Luis Castillo

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              Good call.
              Pacquaio isnt a pressure fighter.... pressure fighter is more than just throwing a bunch of punches. Pressure fighters are fighters with a style that makes their opponents work, wear them down and are hell on the inside constantly going forward....Manny is more of a mid range fighter with speed and power.

I'd say the best pressure fighters of the last decade were Jose Luis Castillo, Ricky Hatton, Israel Vazquez, and Glenncoffe Johnson

Comment

pacquioa yes but i dont think of him as a stricly pressure fighter
                when we say pressure fighter i think of
                cotto
                hatton
                williams
                margs
                castillo
                katsidis

hatton cotto williams the best of the 3

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Pacquaio isnt a pressure fighter.... pressure fighter is more than just throwing a bunch of punches. Pressure fighters are fighters with a style that makes their opponents work, wear them down and are hell on the inside constantly going forward....Manny is more of a mid range fighter with speed and power.

I'd say the best pressure fighters of the last decade were Jose Luis Castillo, Ricky Hatton, Israel Vazquez, and Glenncoffe Johnson
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yuppp

Comment

Originally posted by Abaris View Post
                    To quote Pulp Fiction:

'Just because you are a a character doesn't mean you have character.'

If a fighter stops applying pressure when they are consistently countered then they are not a pressure fighter.

If a fighter is 'in and out' when they are 'out' they are by defintion not applying pressure.

If a fighter can not cut off the ring then they are not a pressure fighter.

Manny Pacquiao is not a pressure fighter.

Opponents feel under pressure against Pacquiao because he's good and can knock them out at any given moment, opponents feel the same way when fighting Wladimir Klitschko, it doesn't make either of them a pressure fighter.
                    ^^^^^ exactly what i was thinking

Comment

Kelly palvik anyone? always in your face with hard punches strong and made you work constantly

Comment

Working...
                      X