Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Could Prime David Tua beat EVERYONE that the KBros FOUGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
    I understand most boxing forums obviously started in the mid 2000's+ and a huge amount of boxing fans posting became fans after 2000+

But everyone should still watch old videos of HW Matches since it is 100x better then anything in ANY division atm.

Example: You can't really judge skill levels of say a Larry Holmes or Ken Norton until you watch at least a half dozen fights of theirs.

I watched around 10 of Tua's fights and there is no fuking way in Hell anyone on the KBROS resume other then old fat Lewis can stand a chance.

David Haye would have been knocked the fuk out into the next dimension

Also lol I actaully Hope the Kbros resume somehow IS stronger then that though because that will just be pathetic. Since Tua is probably not even top 50 ATG HW.
    David Tua was a beast and is still one of my favourite heavyweights to watch, but he was very limited in what he could do. He was, well, not easy, but not impossible to outbox, often half-assed his training or just shut off mentally in fights and let his opponents dictate the pace for rounds at a time. His performances in the Ruiz and Moorer fights were awesome, but he had plenty of other fights where he looked very subpar and beatable. Tua ran hot and cold, and whilst it might be fun to just take his best performances and imagine him fighting like that 100% of the time, it isn't realistic. The Klits, Wlad especially, fought a number of pretty tasty boxers who would have given Tua a lot of problems, at the very least.

Comment

Uh... the 90's...

Razer Ruddock would have killed every one of those guys listed other then maybe Haye and Byrd via a smash. Ko R1-3
      Ok. How about the 80's? of the 60's? 50's? 40's etc.?

Comment

ALSO please

KBRO FANS don't use the 'weight' advantage when comparing modern day HW'S to the 70's guys. If these 70's guys were here now they will all weight 15-25 pounds more all shredded muscles. So that is irrelevant.

Comment

ALSO please

KBRO FANS don't use the 'weight' advantage when comparing modern day HW'S to the 70's guys. If these 70's guys were here now they will all weight 15-25 pounds more all shredded muscles. So that is irrelevant.

That's a hypothetical opinion. It's not a fact...therefore, it is irrelevant.

Comment

I SAID PRIME TUA
            The Tua that fought Byrd was already taken to Hell by Lennox via a 12 round ass whopping

Your reply fail. Go watch the sport a bit before you post about it.

Also according to your kbro nut hugging logic

Tyson couldn't dominate Holyfield.
            Holyfield lost to 'valvuv' or whatever that Russian's name is

hence 'random russian bum >then Tyson
            by the way byrd did not dominate tua.lol! it actually was closer then you say. byrd won but by no means was it a domination

Comment

Originally posted by stuseward View Post
              Which eras would those guys have been "bad" in?
              You think Samuel Peter, Calvin Brock, Chirs Arreola, and the others, aside from Haye and Byrd probably, would have been Top Tier HW's in era's with Ali, Lyle, Norton, Foreman, M. Foster, and Shavers??? Holmes' era in the late 7's and early 80's, they would have been alright. They could have been in there with Berbick, Tunney, and others from Holmes' era. But, even Tyson's era, I don't see those guys beating Tucker, Biggs, Bruno, and Spinks. They would have been alright HW's in Tyson's era though. But, they wouldn't have been anything in the Bowe-Holyfield-Lewis era's. Ruddock, Botha, Golota, Tua, Morrison, and Dokes are better than Peter, Brock, Arreola, etc.

Comment

Ok. How about the 80's? of the 60's? 50's? 40's etc.?
                I don't compare HW's from the era's prior to Ali and Liston to guys from the 60's-present day. I've said many times that the Klitschko's would beat any HW prior to Ali and Liston's time no doubt. All of them.

The 70's: They would have been journeymen
                The Early 80's: They would have been good HW's probably.
                The Mid and Late 80's: They would have been fringe contenders, decent but not top tier guys.
                The 90's: They would have been journeymen.
                The 00's: They were Top tier fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  You think Samuel Peter, Calvin Brock, Chirs Arreola, and the others, aside from Haye and Byrd probably, would have been Top Tier HW's in era's with Ali, Lyle, Norton, Foreman, M. Foster, and Shavers???
                  First off, who the hell is M. Foster? Do you mean Bob Foster or Michael Spinks? Either way, yes, those guys would have been contenders in the 70's. They wouldn't have beaten the best, but they can't beat the best now either.

Comment

David Tua was 29 years old when Byrd whooped his ass. He was in his prime, as evidenced by the fact that David went on to have the best win of his career over Michael Moorer AFTER the Byrd fight.

You can't just make things up to suit your agenda, and expect not to get called on it. You obviously weren't aware of the Byrd/Tua fight. Now you are. No need to thank me for the lesson I've handed down today...but you are welcome.
                    whooped his ass...lol! i own that fight & was around in the 90s when that fight happened. joe goosen & tua's team thought they won the fight. by no means was in dominating...lol! are you going by reading boxing rec? second of all moorer was past his best & not in very good shape when tua crushed him. teddy atlas told moorer he should not take the fight & should retire...atlas was not training him then but he called it

Comment

Byrd was KOd silly by Ike, while Tua gave Ike the fight of his life.

Prime Tua > ANyone klits ever beat

Comment

Working...
                      X