Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    There's really no hype or fan base for Rigo outside of hardcore fans, and he has had limited exposure and most certainly hasn't capitalized on what he has had. Don't get me wrong, it's a fight I want to see. But how do you expect a prizefighter to be motivated for a fight that would not generate much revenue? Nishioka at least has a huge following in Japan. Rigo doesn't have a following because, well, it's Cuba, and pro-boxing is outlawed there, so the only way is to defect to the US. You're not bringing any Cubans over. His best win is Ramos... Give him some time because, yes, he does have the skill-set to give him trouble, but he certainly hasn't earned it. He's not high profile enough.
    Well put. And Marroquin showed that Rigo is definitely beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
      nonito-mares is a better fight if nonito doesn't want rigondeaux
      No, it's not a better fight. It's a better chance for Nonito to continue padding his record and avoiding Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
        There's really no hype or fan base for Rigo outside of hardcore fans, and he has had limited exposure and most certainly hasn't capitalized on what he has had. Don't get me wrong, it's a fight I want to see. But how do you expect a prizefighter to be motivated for a fight that would not generate much revenue? Nishioka at least has a huge following in Japan. Rigo doesn't have a following because, well, it's Cuba, and pro-boxing is outlawed there, so the only way is to defect to the US. You're not bringing any Cubans over. His best win is Ramos... Give him some time because, yes, he does have the skill-set to give him trouble, but he certainly hasn't earned it. He's not high profile enough.
        Yes... because HBO reallllllly cares about Japan....

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          Doanire would utterly outclass possibly obliterate Rigondeaux.
          Fantasy boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            No, it's not a better fight. It's a better chance for Nonito to continue padding his record and avoiding Rigondeaux.
            Agreed! Its a way for him to buy time so that he can claim he can't make the weight any more and move up to run from Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
              Right, so don't fight Rigo and prove it.

Comment

people already complain that donaire is too big for 122 despite the fact that he just got to the division and makes weight quite easily.

Do people not realize how much bigger Doanire is to Rigo?

I could never understand how a top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion with two knockout of the years vs two top 10 p4p fighter could be ducking a 11 win fighter whose best wins are cordoba and marroquin.

People have lost their ****ing minds.

Comment

I'm a Rigo fan, but I think Donaire will beat him; however, Donaire is still ducking the fight.

Comment

How? by coming into the ring 9lb heavier than him and wobbling him? Do we need to make a list of fighters that have been wobbled?

Pacquiao, Floyd, Martinez, Ward, Hopkins, Broner, Bradley... actually... it would probably be easier to make a list of fighters who haven't been wobbled...

Comment

Look at it this way. What if back in the early 70's Teofilo Stevenson who was considered one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time left Cuba and came to the States to fight Ali? And in that fight Ali would beat him. We would be talking about that fight whenever we would bring up all of Ali's accomplishments. Regardless if Stevenson didn't have a pro career Ali beating that legendary amateur would have been one of his greatest victories.

For what it's worth I really don't care who wins out of Donaire and Rigo. I just want to see a good even match where both fighters have an equal chance of winning. But for Donaire to say what he is saying now to avoid Rigo is utter BS. Fight the guy..

Comment

Working...
                      X