No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek To Return on September 21 at Prudential Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek To Return on September 21 at Prudential Center

Tomasz Adamek doesn’t have an opponent yet, but the Polish heavyweight contender is expected to fight again Sept. 21 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

A rematch against Eddie Chambers seems highly unlikely, despite that Chambers competed for 11-plus rounds essentially with one arm Saturday night at Prudential Center. Adamek (46-2, 28 KOs) won their 12-round bout by unanimous decision (116-112, 116-112, 119-109), but Philadelphia’s Chambers (36-3, 18 KOs) said after his disappointing defeat that the fight would’ve been “extraordinarily one-sided” if he had full use of both arms.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Deontay Wilder.....he needs to step up to Adamek.

Comment

Bryant Jennings...............That's what should happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Jennings or Seth Mitchell. Wilder aint ready IMO.

Comment

I always look forward to Adamek's fights.

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
          Deontay Wilder.....he needs to step up to Adamek.
          That would be an interesting matchup, but Wilder's management would never allow it.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I agree. Adamek-Jennings could easily be made and it's an intriguing matchup.

Comment

one of the unheralded benefits of fighting guys who cant punch or are defensive:

you can fight again after a very short rest. more fights, more dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I always look forward to Adamek's fights.

That would be an interesting matchup, but Wilder's management would never allow it.

I agree. Adamek-Jennings could easily be made and it's an intriguing matchup.

personally i think that unless adamek runs into something stupid he'd box wilders doors off and stop him

adamek isnt going to sign up for a four rounder, lol!

wilder's never been more than four
              and has never even been scheduled for more than eight.

i hope they put this guy in there with somebody who can go friggin rounds with him. it's sickening to see him in there with guys who literally take a dive. the kid's learning nothing in these fights. not earning much either. he's a HW. they make great money. always have. if they steadily take steps up he will end up making good cash without having to fight a real threat. most importantly he needs rounds professionally with durable guys who can make him go rounds

if i were his manager i'd put him in there with somebody who will make it to the scorecards intentionally. **** a knockout streak. it means nothing if it doesnt prepare you for the big fights.
              Last edited by New England; 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I want to see against Solis

Comment

Seth is not ready yet.
                  Jennings would present problems but Tomak is much too experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                    Seth is not ready yet.
                    Jennings would present problems but Tomak is much too experienced.

i think mitchell would at least give adamek hell for a few rounds

he's got resolve and conditioning. he's also huge. lots of these guys are in the 240's and above, but few of them are in shape. some could honestly lose 30 lbs. not mitchell. he's lost weight since he was a 255 lb 20 year old playing linebacker.

adamek would hit him with shots that he wouldn't see and probably end up outclassing him, but mitchell would at least give it the old college try and i think he'd make a fun fight out of it for a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X