Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Floyd really be classified as a boring fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Floyd really be classified as a boring fighter?

I've never really found him boring myself, he's no Erik Morales but his fights are generally enjoyable ( bar the Baldomir fight). Yet he's carried the stigma of being a so called "boring" fighter for a few years now.

Since his return from retirement he's basically stood flat footed infront of his opponents, been more active, put his punches together etc.

His most exciting fight since Ndou

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
    I've never really found him boring myself, he's no Erik Morales but his fights are generally enjoyable ( bar the Baldomir fight). Yet he's carried the stigma of being a so called "boring" fighter for a few years now.

Since his return from retirement he's basically stood flat footed infront of his opponents, been more active, put his punches together etc.

His most exciting fight since Ndou

YOu can`t expect the Floyd haters to say Floyd is exciting.They`ll say anything to make him look bad and discredit him.

Comment

Depends on who you ask. If you're asking a Pacquiao fan they'll say hes been boring for most of his career, but somehow say he looked terrible against Cotto last night because he got hit.

Most legit boxing fans can appreciate the elite skills that Mayweather displays when he's in the ring. The only Mayweather fight that I was legit bored watching was against Baldomir.

Comment

Only ******s think this. If you like boxing than you appreciate the skills floyd has.

Comment

Floyd went into the trenches & fought a great fight. That fight was FOTY material.

Comment

i guess if you're some kid who thinks all boxers are supposed to fight like rocky balboa you may think he's boring

Comment

I've always enjoyed watching his skills, I was excited for this fight very early because of this.

Comment

..........it's personal preference,

and even when socalled "real boxing fans" say their usual talking points...
                most commonly "real boxing fans can appreciate and find boring ass fighters entertaining" it's just simply not true.

some techinical and defensive fighters can be entertaining while others are boring ass hell...

I personally find Mayweather entertaining but find Ward & Hopkins boring to death

Comment

the only Boring fight ive seen with Floyd is the baldimor fight

Comment

Great to see the common sense in this thread.

The only people who find Mayweather boring are those who expect every fight to be like Ward Gatti.

Comment

Working...
                    X