No announcement yet.

The Weave "Cost of having hair"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Weave "Cost of having hair"

Came across this article, and damn near pissed myself at the amount of money some babes spend on freakin hair.

Good read ...

Higher health care costs? Unnecessary diseases? No refund weave- layaway plans? Have you ever calculated just how much it’s costing you to try and keep up with BEYONCE??

Chances are that if you’re already reading this, then you know a typical cost for a sew in can be about $300 per month or if yous a ratchet broad, $300 every two months. Thats just a sew in though. If you’re doing glue, fusion or buying some sort of expensive designer weave so you can look up to par with your favorite celebrity, then you can possibly spend $1000-$3500 per session, EASY.

Now let’s do the math here shall we?

Girl A gets her hair weaved every month and after paying for synthetic hair, and hair dressers time, she comes out the pocket about $300/month. Over the course of 12 months, this adds up to $3600/year. Over the course of 10 years, Girl A finds herself spending $36 THOUSAND dollars on hair alone. If you’re one of the people still stuck on credit crack, $36 grand is a down payment on a house!

Now here’s where it really gets messy. Typically, these types of women are also high credit card users who swear by debt as a resource to their monthly budget. Girl A is no different. Since she found herself having to make the choice between the $300 for her weave or $300 for her car note, she chose the weave and decided to place her car note on her credit card with a 15% APR. She quickly finds herself doing this every month and at the end of 1 years shes $4140 in debt. Over the next 10 years of keeping up with the Beyonces, assuming she doesn’t try and tackle these debts, she finds herself $94,481.40 in the hole (debt). And she thinks its because of her car note? Wrong, it was because of her weave!

Girl B wears her hair natural and spends..lets say of $100/month on hair care. She is a minimalist and enjoys naturality so she doesn’t find herself extending her income on credit cards each month. Instead she uses that $2940 she wasn’t spending on hair ( $100×12 months subtracted from the $4140/year girl a was spending) and puts that to work for her earning an average of 10% each year. Over the course of 10 years, she finds herself sitting on $50,848.39 in savings, great health and a scalp free of weave glue damage.

Thats a $145k difference from Girl A’s negative debt to Girl B’s positive savings amount! Should we even do the calculations on increased health insurance costs for women with chronic obesity related diseases from not working out? How about adding those costs onto the woman who chose the $3,500 Naomi Campbell weave special instead of the typical $300 one?

Comment

It's funny because it's obvious it's not their hair and it's a turn off anyway.

I turned some girl down in my school. I was nice about it, I told her she's just not my type. But in my head i'm like, man, get hell out of my face with your fake ass hair.

Comment

Whats wrong with black women? glad I'm not one.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Whats wrong with black women? glad I'm not one.

And those poor black women get financially berated by the suze orman type lecture from this columnist.

They got it rough, spray.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              And those poor black women get financially berated by the suze orman type lecture from this columnist.

I had long hair, my real hair.....it was overrated I should tell black women that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                I had long hair, my real hair.....it was overrated I should tell black women that.

They are very independent creatures. They won;t listen to you man.

Trust me on this one friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Some women {Race independent} deserve to be berated by articles like this, for wasting so much money on hair and other beauty products that are designed to enhance fantasy. The complete silliness involved is further exacerbated because they can grow their own hair, with exceptions of course.

Beauty products generate over $55billion dollars annually and is based solely on disposable\non-reusable\limited lifetime items.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X