No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Aims To Prove a Point With Mike Alvarado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Aims To Prove a Point With Mike Alvarado

With no official word yet on Manny Pacquiao's next opponent, WBO welterweight champ Tim Bradley seems to be hanging on to the hope that he may end up landing a rematch with the Filipino icon in the coming months.

On June 9th, inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, Bradley would escape with a highly-unpopular split-decision over Pacquiao despite not seeming to dictate the fight the way he had originally planned.

Having taken in the action of Pacquiao-Bradley with a close eye, former lightweight championBrandon Rios saw Manny winning and didn't have a sound explanation for the judges' cards. [Click Here To Read More]

Rios Has Looked Like Crap For Several Fights!

Rios can talk trash with the best of them, but he's proven to be nothing more than an ESPN Friday Night Fights fighter. He's not dominating anyone. He's just trying to get positioned for a big paycheck.

Comment

Abril made him look silly and i honestly dont believe Rios could have beat him at any weight.

Comment

Rios aint no ESPN fighter, quit hating. Rios has been wanting to move up to 140 since the Antillon fight. He was forced by top rank to stay at 135 when it was clear his body couldnt do it anymore. I think he beats Abril at 140 where he can come in healthy and not have a reydration clause like the first fight.

Comment

For such an outspoken, at times inappropriate - think Freddy Roach, guy like Rios, I am actually really impressed by the way he has handled himself since the Abril fight. He does not sit there and try to justify his win -think Timothy Bradley, he just wants to get on to the next one, cause he knows a boxer is only as good as his last performance - think Amir Khan.

Comment

To say that Abril made Rios look silly says NOTHING about marketability. Rios is the one who fights wars and is fan friendly and the one who along with Alvarado, fill seats. Great that Abril fought a nice fight, he is an excellent fighter but he is not as marketable and thats just how Boxing works.....so give up the Abril ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              To say that Abril made Rios look silly says NOTHING about marketability. Rios is the one who fights wars and is fan friendly and the one who along with Alvarado, fill seats. Great that Abril fought a nice fight, he is an excellent fighter but he is not as marketable and thats just how Boxing works.....so give up the Abril ghost.
              I disagree, if boxing begins to revolve more around the marketability of fighters then it loses its integrity. There is a set system that works (its the people in charge however that circumvent their own rules,) and many people respect and obey that system. However if marketable fighters get more opportunity then fighters who genuinely worked their way up the ladder, then its going to eventually come to a point where what I would call 'celebrity' boxers, who may be B or C rate fighters with a low fight count, get better pay and better fights then A rated boxers who have a respectable fight count, but who keep their head down and follow the system.

Comment

This fight is gonna be brutal and bloody. These guys are tailor made for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  This fight is gonna be brutal and bloody. These guys are tailor made for each other.
                  Fight of the year candidate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    I disagree, if boxing begins to revolve more around the marketability of fighters then it loses its integrity. There is a set system that works.
                    You totally missed the point. This has NOTHING to do with a system. It has to do with a fighter who excites the fans as Teddy Atlas would say. That is the bottom line. Arturo Gatti was the perfect example of that. NEVER a boring fight. Boring or less exciting fighters get the tag as "stinkers". Fans don't want fighters who make other fighters look bad, they want fighters who look sensational, ones who engage in thrilling battles.

Comment

Working...
                    X