Clear All

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
    Don't rule out Rhodes, he's no mug.
    Agreed.

Hes also undefeated at 154.

Hes fought as high as 170.

Hes use to fighting guys much bigger.

Comment

Ryan Rhodes is crafty and can punch, has a southpaw stance, can box... Margarito didn't look to hot in his last fight so I think Rhodes might just beat him.

Comment

I love seeing it man .A British or Irish fighter moving up to world level and getting tested beyond European level .Will be a good night of boxing if the fight gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
          This was a good fight .They were talking this was a candidate for a foty at the start of the year
          Thanx for the feed, it is a good clip

Comment

What has Margarito done to deserve this??? NOTHING!

The man is a cheating scumbag. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
              I don't see Margo as a elite JMW at this point.

Hes reaching the end of his career.

I believe when he steps up in competition he'll get beat.

Whether its Cotto, Angulo or Martinez.

The Rhodes fight is a toss-up fight.

I'd favor Rhodes.

Hes a natural at the weight and can bang.
              You read my mind, but I wouldn't favor Rhodes though. Margarito's World title level experience will allow him to pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Margarito needs another tune-up fight, I thought he looked like crap against Garcia in his last outing....
                I agree with the first. But not the second.

He won every round and boxed beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tyrone- View Post
                  I agree with the first. But not the second.

He won every round and boxed beautifully.
                  He had no 'pop' and his punches looked flat. He hit Roberto Garcia with everything he had, and aside from the flash KD, he didn't seem to hurt him at all. In fact, it looked like Tony had lost all of his power....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    He had no 'pop' and his punches looked flat. He hit Roberto Garcia with everything he had, and aside from the flash KD, he didn't seem to hurt him at all. In fact, it looked like Tony had lost all of his power....
                    I wouldn't worry about it. It was pretty evident to me he wanted to go the distance and shake off the rust on top of working on the new stuff he worked on w/ his trainer.

He was sticking and moving most of the fight and not sitting on his punches at all. When he goes into destroyer mode, you'll see the pain accumulate on his opp's.

Comment

While i think Margarito needs another fight before a title fight, i would love to see Rhodes face off against him for a World Title.

I think it's been more then 10 years since Rhodes last challenged for a 'World' title, and while unsuccessful, he more then deserves a last attempt before calling it a day. I remember when he first hit the scene with his best mate Naseem Hamed, and both are still close to this day, with Naz attending many of his recent fights.

I think Marg will have too much for Rhodes though, and experience may show. Rhodes will definitely test Margarito though, and an upset isn't out of question. I hope it gets made.

Comment

Working...
                      X