Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: Amir Khan Looked Like The Same Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was still getting hit with the same shots..only difference is that he was pacing himself a little better, But he is still open to get caught during exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I feel he needs to get in and out of range quicker. Combo then move, combo then move.
      He should watch Floyd among others. Mixing up his attack would be the best thing for Amir Khan. Can't throw combos as often as Khan unless you want to get hit. Khan makes it very easy for his opponents to predict what his next move will be. He does virtually the same thing every time.
      Last edited by A-Wolf; 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

i believe dwyer was the only human on the planet who saw a dramatic improvement.

Comment

If Khan - Garcia II were to happen, it will be the same result..Khan gets KO'ed..

Comment

He did but it didnt make a difference because Molina was a lw who couldnt punch. Classic showcase fight to make the fans think he was back and had corrected his flaws.

Comment

room for improvement.

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
              He was still getting hit with the same shots..only difference is that he was pacing himself a little better, But he is still open to get caught during exchanges.
              yep you 're right, but it is a significant move in the right direction,he is actually thinking about defence now and with Virgil Hunter he can only improve.He's not an old dog as yet!
              Khan seriously underetimated Garcia's power and left hook and also being taunted by Garcia Sr which led to his downfall.Because of the **** and flying carpet taunts he was on a mission to KO Danny Garcia !
              In the rematch I expect Khan to be very cagey and controlled influenced by Virgil, I expect a UD .No KO mission this time.
              Garcia needs his big left, but if Khan continues to pepper him all night busting him up keeping out of range I can see a UD.
              My first post!

Comment

Originally posted by raja harpoon View Post
                yep you 're right, but it is a significant move in the right direction,he is actually thinking about defence now and with Virgil Hunter he can only improve.He's not an old dog as yet!
                Khan seriously underetimated Garcia's power and left hook and also being taunted by Garcia Sr which led to his downfall.Because of the **** and flying carpet taunts he was on a mission to KO Danny Garcia !
                In the rematch I expect Khan to be very cagey and controlled influenced by Virgil, I expect a UD .No KO mission this time.
                Garcia needs his big left, but if Khan continues to pepper him all night busting him up keeping out of range I can see a UD.
                My first post!
                raja, The sad fact is Khan does not and won't have the defensive skills to execute your plan. Khan does not have the firepower in his shots to keep Garcia at bay. I see Garcia walking down Khan and putting on a serious body attack before he goes head hunting. Khan is just not good enough to be cagey and controlled all night to keep out of trouble all night. I see a mid to late round stoppage for Garcia.
                Hunter is the right coach but at this late stage with heavily ingrained habits it is going to be a big ask for Khan to change so that the new stuff is in on an automatic instinctive level. The longer Khan stays away from Garcia the better his chances as the new stuff beds in but if they fight in the next 10 months I am almost certain Khan will get blown away.
                Much has been said about the lucky punch (left Hook) which is a myth. Garcia also nailed Khan with a lot of heavy rights ,he is not just a one trick left hook pony.If you watch the fight again you will see the turning point was when Garcia started laying into the body. Khan did not like it and could not cope with it. Garcia knows Khan's best chance is hit and run and I see him going to the body to slow Khan down and in the exchanges I expect to see Khan land more but the painful heavy punches will be landed by Garcia.
                Last edited by Prince Mongo; 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Yup, Agreed. Khan has wicked hand speed and excellent power, but againts a fighter who can take his power..then he is in trouble, it happened againts Maidana as well, but Maidana does not box as well as Garcia. He does look a little better but he is still getting caught with shots in the exchanges. If his camp knows whats best for him its best that he stays away from Garcia..

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    If Khan - Garcia II were to happen, it will be the same result..Khan gets KO'ed..
                    This, in my head i just can't see this fight going any other way. Don't know why people say Khan was "schooling" Garcia I just don't see it.
                    If it went on longer Garcia would've punished Khan badly to the body and got a late KO, that's what i think will happen if there was ever a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by stillatic View Post
                      Why do people act like Khan didn't get robbed against Peterson? Did Angel not see Khan beating the crap out of his son. Sure Danny landed a great punch but the ref stopped the fight because Khan exchanged with Garcia instead of taking his time to clear his head. Khan can beat Garcia with the jab alone. Angel will fight hard for his son not to rematch Khan. Moreover I think Angel will pull his son out of the fight with Judah. Danny's foot speed is to slow for Zab. If Zab fight's the same way he fought against Khan. Danny will reach all night. Zab very wide, very easy split decision.

Yeah it looks like I was right about Danny. Angel know his son will lose agaisnt the upper level guys. Don't front Zab is A class fighter. Angel is trying to cash Danny out. Even his on dad knows his son got a left hook lottery ticket against Khan. Now he is trying to cash it. If I was Showtime I would black ball Danny.

Comment

Working...
                      X