No announcement yet.

Donated blood plasma today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Its not AB- ..... its "O" which is the universal blood-type.
    Yes AB- is extremely rare, hence the big bucks. Talking about blood here, not plasma.

Comment

"Easiest $60 I've ever made, best thing about it is that you're saving people's lives by donating. The plasma place is giving me $60 the first time I donate and $40 the 2nd, every time after that it's $25 and $40. You can donate twice a week. You guys should definitely do it if you need a bit of extra money."

DONATE blood to help others .... Sell blood to help self. Your mixed message implies a contradiction.

I don't think selling blood is the way to go if you need some cash And $60 makes it even worst .... What's next, a kidney, an eye ... But to each his\her own, I guess.

It helps both, win win for both people. I heard the blood plasma place makes bank though, that they sell a vial of plasma for like $300 each. I should get into this business! I've read that your blood plasma replenishes within 48 hours and there arent really health problems, the worst thing I've heard is a lowered amount of antibodies in your blood and that's it. If that happens they'll tell you and won't let you donate.

The plasma machines remove just the plasma and returns your red blood cells back into your body, it feels weird since its pretty cold.

If anyone wants some extra gas money or is a college student you should check it out. Just drink a bunch of water to stay hydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
        Yes AB- is extremely rare, hence the big bucks. Talking about blood here, not plasma.
        Compliments of the Red Cross:
        The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood type.
        The universal plasma donor has Type AB positive blood type.

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-a...od/blood-types

Comment

Compliments of the Red Cross:
          The universal red cell donor has Type O negative blood type.
          The universal plasma donor has Type AB positive blood type.
          I'm not sure what your confusion is. If you have AB- blood type, you can make a lot of money giving whole blood (not plasma, not red blood cells.)
          Last edited by 2shameless; 06-24-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what your confusion is. If you have AB- blood type, you can make a lot of money giving whole blood (not plasma, not red blood cells.)
            Ok, I'll bite ... Documented evidence & Where???

Comment

Ok, I'll bite ... Documented evidence & Where???
              Easy there conspiratard. Back in HS I had a friend that used to make good money donating blood. I assumed it was the rarest (AB-,) but by the looks of this, it was probably O- (less rare, but can only receive blood from another O-.)

Looks like these days they mostly pay for plasma donations and rely on blood drives to get whole blood for free.

Comment

Easy there conspiratard. Back in HS I had a friend that used to make good money donating blood. I assumed it was the rarest (AB-,) but by the looks of this, it was probably O- (less rare, but can only receive blood from another O-.)

Looks like these days they mostly pay for plasma donations and rely on blood drives to get whole blood for free.
                I just wanted something other than your word to substantiate what you were stating ... nothing more. In my book, if the Red Cross states O- is the most prized, I'm willing to go on that statement.

Also, from what I've heard, Blood donor sites cannot offer more money to donor's of one type over another. Don't know how tru that is ... but I do know that O- types, blood and organs are in high demand because of the universality in emergencies.

Comment

Working...
                X