Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Don King Productions Carry On After Don King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Don King Productions Carry On After Don King?

Don King, Love him or hate him, You simply can not ignore him! He has probably along with Arum been the biggest influence on boxing and the events and fights we have had over the past half-century.

Don King today is not nearly as active as he was in the 70/80/90s, Not just that but his stable has shrunk considerably and he no longer rules the heavyweight division from the heydays when he had 8/10 of the top 10 heavyweights, The days of Ali Foreman, Thrilla in Manilla, Ceasar Chavez Jnr, Mike Tyson and the glory days of the golden era of boxing are over in general, But for Don King in particular.

I feel that GBP the new kid on the block can survive without DLH,Richard Schaefer and a few other people can run GBP like a corporation. I also feel that Top Rank can survive without Arum and be run by a family member, Much like a family business, But Don King Productions? I dont think it will survive after Don King dies, His step son already has been involved in many scandals as a "manager" and not just that but he lacks the vision, far sight and flamboyance of his father.

So GBP - Can survive because its run like a corporation, It could in the future have a board of directors and maybe even float on the stock market.

Top Rank - Can survive as a family business, Im sure Bob Arum has been grooming his sons to run the family business when he dies.

So Can Don King Productions Carry On After Don King?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

did you just get finished watching that Don King documentary or something?

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      did you just get finished watching that Don King documentary or something?
      Yes sir and I watched the movie aswell.

Comment

No. Don King is "The Last Don", "The BobFather" will take over the world.

Comment

I dont see how it could survive, but the name still might be worth something to someone if they want to continue in the boxing business. So much of what Don did was old school promoting tho...if he was young now he would probably still be a force and someone who would be all over this technology stuff as well as hitting the streets and creating a buzz like he did. hes too old for that type of leg work now

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Nil View Post
            Yes sir and I watched the movie aswell.
            the HBO movie one? thats a good one.....even has the Bobfather character

Comment

Working...
            X