Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Was Robbed, Judah is Far Better Than Devon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Was Robbed, Judah is Far Better Than Devon

Family Arena, St. Charles, MO. - On Saturday night, Devon Alexander (22-1, 13KOs) won a close ten round split decision over Lucas Matthysse (28-2, 26KOs) of Argentina. The scores were 96-93 for Alexander, 96-93 for Matthysse, and 95-94 for Alexander. There were many observers, including the HBO broadcasters, who scored the fight for Matthysse.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hilarious a few months ago Fat Dan called Alexander the next Mayweather.Lucas should have one loss on his record and that is it he won clearly tonight.

Comment

Hopefully he can move on to bigger and better things after this.

Unfortunately back to back losses in this day and age can really stall a career.

I hoped Lucas stays in the top 140 mix.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself. Do people really doubt Zab is a top 5 Junior welterweight and not deserving of the Khan fight? Last night proved it. Love how exciting this division is, just wish the decisions were better. Zab will most likely need a KO against Khan too.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          Hopefully he can move on to bigger and better things after this.

Unfortunately back to back losses in this day and age can really stall a career.

I hoped Lucas stays in the top 140 mix.
          It fcks with his money his legacy,there should be an immediate investigation into this fight especially Don King and the judge who scored it 116-113 alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            It fcks with his money his legacy,there should be an immediate investigation into this fight especially Don King and the judge who scored it 116-113 alexander.
            What ****s me the most is that a young fighter like Alexander can afford to have a loss on his career and still be guaranteed big fights and paydays.

Lucas unfortunately doesn't have that same luxury which is a shame, he has a crowd pleasing style.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              Exactly bro,Alexander will get another big fight possibly against khan-judah
              or maidana-ghost winner,And get another million.And lucas will most likely
              get avoided or fight the losers for chump change.This is bullshlt.

Comment

I guess tonights performance and result hypes up the khan vs Judah fight even more!

I feel Lucas he got robbed it was close but I felt he done enough to win! Alexander has good skills but I feel needs a new trainer. 2 fights straight all kevin has told him is punch then tie up the guy! Come on Devon is better then being one of those fighters!

Comment

alexander ain't leaving cunningham. . . one of his characteristics that makes him strong, also hinders him = loyalty. to be honest, i thought he showed some good defense in spots. he has good feet, but he doesn't know how to sit down on a punch for ****.

Comment

People do not know what boxing is.It's about landing shots and taking less shots.Alexander was throwing combinations and moving,he had better defence.If you check in slow motion most of Matthyse's shots were not landing.Yes Matthyse threw harder shots but he was simply outboxed.I had Alexander winning by 2 rounds even though he was knocked down.Alexander proved he's a great fighter with better ring generalship.Matthyse is a good fighter but he relies on his power too much.Unfortunately he will be losing a lot of fights in the future because other boxers will find a way of beating him.After some time Matthyse will be having so many of these losses he will start looking like a bum.

There was no robbery in that fight,Matthyse can mourn all he wants.He shouldnt have given away rounds.No home cooking in this one

Comment

Working...
                    X