Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz's Trainer Talks Stoppage, Critics and More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz's Trainer Talks Stoppage, Critics and More

It’s never an easy thing when a trainer has to watch his fighter lose in dramatic fashion and such was the case last night for Danny Garcia. Leading former welterweight champion Victor Ortiz into battle against Josesito Lopez inside of Staples Center in Los Angeles, Garcia would see his charge drawn into a wild firefight that he admits he never saw coming.

[Click Here To Read More]

That tells me what I actually believe is the case, that he broke it a couple of rounds earlier when he was whispering to Garcia in the corner and Garcia whispered back to him. I remember thinking that was a little strange at the time and thinking he might have hurt something, and he appeared after that to try to stay outside more and box more the last couple of rounds.

Comment

I am glad to see this article come out !

IF a doctor saw a cut over the eye get bad he would stop the fight, I can't imagine him not seeing a broken jaw with the bone tearing up the flesh in the mouth and not stopping the fight.

It was a good call and I must humble myself to say if it happened to the Jailed one I would have to be for him as well as much as I don't care for his ways, I do care for the person.

People I get caught up in the brawl for it all as much as anyone but fact is this is still a sport.

destroying the jaw to win a fight ???? That is the question

Comment

very tough for me to say this as a fight fan but...good self stoppage...that last clean hook to ortiz's jaw -the one that they kept showing in slow-motion - that was when ortiz realized that another punch just like that could have his jaw fractured into smithereens and possibly prevent him from fighting again....i respect ortiz's decision in this particular instance. I cant see him fighting agin for like another 7-8 months after this jaw break...looked real bad...like arthur abraham style-bad

Comment

Ortiz put up a great fight. I get pissed when I see people on here, especially ones who dont even box, call Ortiz a coward or ***** for not wanting to conitune with a broken jaw. Ortiz doesnt have to prove to anyone that hes a warrior. Hes shown his courage many times in the ring. Lopez came to win and did what he had to and earned the respect of his doubters.

Comment

It was the left uppercut at 1:55 seconds of the 7th round that broke his jaw. Ater the round Victor whispers in Danny's ear that its broke and Danny tells him that he has to fight throught it if he wants to win. The replay after round 7 shows the left upperct.

Comment

Where are all the idiots who were claiming Ortiz broke it in the last seconds of thte 9th round and didn't even attempt to fight through the pain?

Comment

So let me get this straight...Ortiz himself said after the fight that he broke it in the last round. Everybody proceeded to call him a b!tch, quitter, etc...and now his trainer his trying to resuscitate his career and paint a prettier picture about him being some kind of warrior.

Impossibru

Comment

Have yet to see the fight, but with all the noise im hearing about Ortiz "quitting".....im sorry but when people say "he has no heart", they are what i call window shoppers...from the outside looking in, just imagining what reality they want to create.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                    Have yet to see the fight, but with all the noise im hearing about Ortiz "quitting".....im sorry but when people say "he has no heart", they are what i call window shoppers...from the outside looking in, just imagining what reality they want to create.
                    This event by itself is excusable and reasonable imo. ***** thing for him tho is his maidana fight is also in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                    X