No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Yeah exactly It's atleast a lot better than the guy he beat his vacant title at 130 for. Now that was a joke.

I don't think this fight is a joke. It's not a good fight at all but I think calling it a joke of a fight is harsh. Atleast Rees is ranked at 135, atleast he's in a running. Atleast it's not some unranked nobody they pulled out a hat.

I'm actually looking forward to it Rees is going to get killed but the bad blood between them has atleast made me some what interested.

Just hope Burns mans up and fights Broner.
    The thing is, if you're not a fan of the guy (and while I'm somewhat warming to Broner since he's slowly shedding the Floyd-isms, I'm still not a fan) this fight has basically nothing of interest. That's why some people are so harsh about it. There's just no intrigue at all (I don't take much stock in the bad blood).

I just don't get this idea of constantly making comparisons. We've had 4 years of "well, Pacroid did this" or "Gayweather did that". It's like a battle to win the internet forum flame wars. But that means nothing when you sit down to watch the damn thing.

Broner vs Burns is gonna be a heck of a fight, once Team Burns cut the crap (they undoubtedly ducked).

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      The thing is, if you're not a fan of the guy (and while I'm somewhat warming to Broner since he's slowly shedding the Floyd-isms, I'm still not a fan) this fight has basically nothing of interest. That's why some people are so harsh about it. There's just no intrigue at all (I don't take much stock in the bad blood).

I just don't get this idea of constantly making comparisons. We've had 4 years of "well, Pacroid did this" or "Gayweather did that". It's like a battle to win the internet forum flame wars. But that means nothing when you sit down to watch the damn thing.

Broner vs Burns is gonna be a heck of a fight, once Team Burns cut the crap (they undoubtedly ducked).
      Yeah that's true. I was just saying that's there's been a lot worse.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Broner to be honest. I like him and think he has potential but I'm not a fan yet. Just an interested observer at the moment. I'm just intrigued due to the bad blood.

Burns-Broner I think is an intriguing fight. I think Burns could give Broner some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
        I'm curious about something; do Golden Boy pay you hourly for all the laughably transparent and biased bullshit you post, or is it more of a pay-per-post deal?
        Is it something you see yourself doing in 5 years time, or is there room for advancement up the GB ladder?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
          There is no way in hell they are the same height, Rees barely reaches Broner's shoulders.

Comment

Working...
          X