No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vera, Beltran Screwed, Win Here: Robbery of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vera, Beltran Screwed, Win Here: Robbery of The Year

By Cliff Rold - As celebrating families across the globe recover from eggnog hangovers…

…as millions embrace the season by getting up in the middle of the night to endure more consumerism by way of day after the holiday sales…

…what better way to kick off the awards season here at BoxingScene then by starting with the worst of 2013? In a year that exceeded all expectations, these were the angry relatives, the Debbie Downers, the reminders that no matter how good it gets, well, it’s still boxing.

When boxing shows its bad side, it leaves some of the most Earth-shattering, environment contaminating, air-supply suffocating coal in a stocking Santa could ever concoct. [Click Here To Read More]

Burgos was robbed big time dude beat up martinez body big time. Worse then vera and beltran

Comment

I thought 95-95 was feasible in Vera-Chavez and Beltran-Burns was a close, but clear win for Beltran. I think it's more of a stretch for Burgos-Martinez to be scored as it was, as Burgos was clearly more effective and landing more in pretty much every round--that was a 116-112 to 118-110 type of fight in my opinion.

Comment

Beltran was easily the worst robbery of the year

He dropped Burns multiple times and broke his jaw

Comment

Ya but you don't keep scoring rounds to someone because they broke an opponent's jaw or dropped them (wasn't there only one knockdown?) in a certain round. I thought Burns dug deep and made 5/6 of the rounds close enough to give him, while I could see only about 4 rounds max for Rocky Martinez.
          Last edited by Levity; 12-26-2013, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Beltran was easily the worst robbery of the year

He dropped Burns multiple times and broke his jaw
            Once, Memo Heredia fighter Beltran, there should have been blood testing for that fight.

Comment

While Vera-Chavez Jr was a robbery it was close, a close but clear win for Vera. Now Beltran, that wasn't close at all, that right there is a robbery.

Comment

Meh, there were not many strong candidates for robbery of the year. It was nothing like last year where we had Bradley-Pacquiao, Povetkin - Huck, Cloud-Campillo, Rios-Abril and Adamek-Cunningham.

If I had to choose I would say the Burgos-Martinez fight was the worst of the bunch.

Comment

I'm still upset I didn't get the $250 for the bet I placed for Beltran to win.

I had the Chavez-Vera a draw, so eh.

Comment

As ridiculous as Malick Scott's stoppage appeared to be, listening to you failing to understand is even better. Yes Scott was definitely in a position to continue- that's not up for debate, and he was given a count of 10 to get to his feet and show the referee he could continue. However he was still crouching at 9, which is considered down according to BBBoC rules, and did not rise until after 9 had been counted. There is no 10 count, 10 is out.

The only person at fault, and the only person to blame, is Scott himself. No robbery here, just a heavyweight dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                    X