Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Pacquiao-Marquez, Future For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios? Why the hell are people talking about Rios when speaking about the WW division? Is pac moving down a weight class now? Pac vs The Ghost and JMM vs Bradley. Two top WW match ups that can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Rios? Why the hell are people talking about Rios when speaking about the WW division? Is pac moving down a weight class now? Pac vs The Ghost and JMM vs Bradley. Two top WW match ups that can be made.
      Perhaps because Guerrero's with GBP, and the sad truth that Uncle Blob
      of TR likes to keep everything in-house. I think Guerrero would be great
      for Pac, a lot better than Bam2, but things are what they are.

Comment

good stuff from merchnat as usual..

honestly , i dont want any other fight for pac but jmm again...no tune ups or anything just jmm...

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
          Perhaps because Guerrero's with GBP, and the sad truth that Uncle Blob
          of TR likes to keep everything in-house. I think Guerrero would be great
          for Pac, a lot better than Bam2, but things are what they are.
          You are 100% right but it seems that nobody else wants to admit this as it completely destroys they're simple minded agenda about Floyd.

The fact that The Ghost is not Floyd keeps a lot of people from posting as they know how it would look. However the very same people that raised the BS flag about Floyd fighting “smaller” fighters at WW are the same ones praising Pac fighting Rios or any other fighter that is not a WW.

Just trying to keep the standards on par and Pac is no different if he continues to fight at WW.

Comment

Well there's one possible plus for Pac-Ghost, in that if TR and GBP can
            get their shit together juuust long enough to get it made, then getting
            Floyd and Manny to fight in the ring moves a lot closer to being doable.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
              I would love a fifth fight, the fights have been great, I miss the old days when guys would have crazy 4-6 fight rivalries and plus Manny deserves to go out on a better note than that, to me JMM beat him 4 times now but he's always given JMM all he can handle he didn't deserve to go out face first KO'd cold like that
              Then why fight Marquez again ?

There is a distinct possibility that he could go out on a worse note.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                The fight Saturday lit the Boxing world on fire and the great publicity is going to help Boxing big time. I am a fan of both fighters and split between them as my favorites for years. Would never want to see JMM or Floyd face down like Pac was. JMM vs Bradley, Floyd vs Canelo/Martinez, Pac vs Rios and then the winners of these 3 fights face each other unless Martinez wins cause no one is going to jump that high in weight.
                Then why did you suggest that Mayweather should fight him? If we exclude Martinez, and Canelo beats Mayweather, do you really think that Pac would fight Canelo after wanting no part of Cotto at 154 or 150?

Lets not kill Pac, hes not a bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
                  Well there's one possible plus for Pac-Ghost, in that if TR and GBP can
                  get their shit together juuust long enough to get it made, then getting
                  Floyd and Manny to fight in the ring moves a lot closer to being doable.
                  It will happen but only when Bob is ready to cash out (Pac's last fight). Right now he has an in-house agenda.

How would it look if Pac lost to Floyd early on? That would be the end of it. Right now Bob is still marketing the ploy of "Floyd is scared of Pac" even though outside of the ****ty pac fans, nobody believes that and if forced to bet would put their money on Floyd. Which is why Floyd from day 1 has always been the favorite to beat Pac. Nothing has changed. Especially now after seeing Pac on the Clottey, Margarito, Mosley bum run and then topping it off by losing to two guys who do not even fight at WW.

So at this very moment, the best fights to be made are JMM vs Bradley at 147, Pac vs The Ghost at 147 and Mayweather vs Alvarez at 154. (I also want to see Broner vs Gamboa at 135).

Comment

They both retire before there walking on there heals.............JM is 39 and MP is 34 and they have been is some hard fights. Time to quit before they get hurt...

Comment

I have no problems having a 5th fight, 4th fight was full on blow for blow and a huge finish. Got to love boxing. Rips vs Pac would be an entertaining fight. Marquez Bradley might be a boring fight probably tactical but I see Marquez putting on the hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X