No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bert Sugar's Take on Mayweather Jr. vs Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bert Sugar's Take on Mayweather Jr. vs Victor Ortiz

In the first part of my latest interview with HBO Sports' Bert Sugar, we took a look at this weekend's heavyweight title clash between Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye. Not wanting to leave anyone out, I was also sure to get Sugar's take on another one of the sport's biggest stories, the recently announced Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz welterweight title showdown, set to take place on September 17th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Don't see the Pacquiao/Floyd fight happening anyways. One fighter keeps taking long lay-offs constantly goes into retirement for a year and other one says its up to my promoter all the time.

Comment

gotta agree with bert on the first 3 rounds, everyone is going to be looking at floyd to see if he's aged or has some rust. i doubt he will, but hopefully ortiz takes the opportunity to jump at him and really tries to make something happen. just like the klitschko/haye fight, ortiz should not let floyd get comfortable and the let the rounds go by. he needs to try and put impact on floyd, like he did with berto and no feeling out in the first round. really excited for this one, hopefully ortiz is the real deal, boxing really needs one right about now...

Comment

Win or Lose, Ortiz is making the big fights happen. Ortiz must be in some way his own promoter telling Goldenboy if they don't let him fight who he wants to fight, than he leaves. Ortiz has been fighting good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          gotta agree with bert on the first 3 rounds, everyone is going to be looking at floyd to see if he's aged or has some rust. i doubt he will, but hopefully ortiz takes the opportunity to jump at him and really tries to make something happen. just like the klitschko/haye fight, ortiz should not let floyd get comfortable and the let the rounds go by. he needs to try and put impact on floyd, like he did with berto and no feeling out in the first round. really excited for this one, hopefully ortiz is the real deal, boxing really needs one right about now...
          Already got one..his Name is Mayweather..LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Already got one..his Name is Mayweather..LMAO
            haha, i meant a younger guy for the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Win or Lose, Ortiz is making the big fights happen. Ortiz must be in some way his own promoter telling Goldenboy if they don't let him fight who he wants to fight, than he leaves. Ortiz has been fighting good fighters.
              If he wants to be like Donaire, then he can do that. Ungrateful bastards who don't know what contracts mean.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                Lol.. well Floyd is a lot bigger than Berto so Ortiz coming out and trying to jump on him wouldn't be a smart thing to do IMO he's not gonna be able to impose himself on Floyd like he did Berto because, really he's not gonna be much bigger than Floyd on fight night plus Floyd has a 2" reach advantage if anything Floyd is gonna be the one walking Vic down like all the other southpaws he faced and Victor will see first hand why Floyd is da TRUTH..

Comment

No Bert, the question is... Are we gonna see the same Victor Ortiz from 5 months ago from then? or are we gonna see the Ortiz that we saw down the stretch against Marcos and Lamont?

Comment

Gotta love sugar, there is something to be said about those old crusty guys who have seen more boxing then most of us ****. Although my heart wants vic to pull it out, my brain just doesn't see it happening. That said, those lay off aren't doing floyd any favors, if he's ever really gonna fight pac, it needs to be after ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X