Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy says boxing is done mma is taking over!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdiel2k3 View Post
    MMA is a serious sport
    BUTTTT

ufc is very much a fad
    just the way i see it
    i mean
    u all know what i mean
    u can spot a UFC fan easily
    the clothes
    the attitude
    its very much the in thing right now
    Yeah I hear you man. The UFC is a pretty sleezy organization. Dana White is a phony, and his personality cult is very much central to the operation.

UFC and MMA should very much be distinguished. The UFC is basically something in between Don King and the NFL. In that, I mean it is at the heart a prize-fight promotional body, yet it also behaves like a major American sports entity.

Comment

dont remember how many days ago but this is the type of **** i was talking about. how boxing fans are pretty open to dialogue in regards to mma but MOST mma fans hate on boxing. this article and this moron whom typed it are prime examples of what i see as becoming the norm from mma-only fans.

plus, he talks about 'thinking' and more than just punching...hmm, isnt that what liddel and evans do? they're basically strikers. AND THE FUKING HW CHAMPION HAS LIKE 3 FUKING FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

that type of stuff has not, will not, and can NOT EVER happen in boxing haters.

Comment

We used to really be into WWE until MMA came along. It’s real and it’s brutal. I can’t think of a single athlete (or wrestler/actor) in any one sport who would be a match for the MMA athletes.
        Ya' gotta love it!

Comment

wrestling takes skill. UFC fighters are NOT the best wrestlers in the world.

UFC fighters are terrible at standup. horrible defense, horrible athletic ability, horrible hand speed, poor punching power even with tiny gloves and garbage handspeed.

the WWE has better wrestlers than the UFC and it's not even real. FFS their champ is from the WWE and he's only had like 4 fights.

Anderson Silva a good striker? might want to check out his boxing career...lmao
          Last edited by them_apples; 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Boxing is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by johnle43 View Post
              dont remember how many days ago but this is the type of **** i was talking about. how boxing fans are pretty open to dialogue in regards to mma but MOST mma fans hate on boxing. this article and this moron whom typed it are prime examples of what i see as becoming the norm from mma-only fans.

plus, he talks about 'thinking' and more than just punching...hmm, isnt that what liddel and evans do? they're basically strikers. AND THE FUKING HW CHAMPION HAS LIKE 3 FUKING FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

that type of stuff has not, will not, and can NOT EVER happen in boxing haters.
              I disagree man, the **** flinging goes both ways. It's unfortunate in either case.

Comment

fighting is fighting to me...i love both sports.. but if i had to choose id pick boxing

i just hate the BIASED arguments..like mma fighters are more athletic...this and that.. unless youve been through trainin that real boxers do and real MMA fighters do, i suggest you keep your mouth shut . only people who have done that should have anythin to say when it comes to that particular issue

Comment

When will people realise that there is room for both

Comment

i must say MMA does have reign over boxing as far as champions, promoters etc...

MMA has one belt per weight class, while that takes the cool ring "unification" out of the picture, it eliminates the bull**** stronghold that sanctioning bodies have over boxing.

overall, MMA is a great sport, so is boxing, but they are two different sports....

no one has these discussions about wrestling (real wrestling) vs MMA. two different sports...

also MMA is not a "fad" its been around for a long ****ing time. while there are people milking money off those cheesy one more round shirts, you cant call the sport as a whole a fad just cause its doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
                      fighting is fighting to me...i love both sports.. but if i had to choose id pick boxing

i just hate the BIASED arguments..like mma fighters are more athletic...this and that.. unless youve been through trainin that real boxers do and real MMA fighters do, i suggest you keep your mouth shut . only people who have done that should have anythin to say when it comes to that particular issue
                      To be honest, I've trained in both sports and I think boxing is tougher. Training to box is a lifestyle. Of course this may be true of athletes in any sport (that their training regiment consists of their lifestyle routine), however in boxing it is a requirement. You can't really cut corners in boxing. Unless your name so happens to be James Toney, or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X