No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev Wins Life and Death Battle With Gavern

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev Wins Life and Death Battle With Gavern

Oleg Maskaev (38-7, 28 KOs), the Big O, now reduced to a very small window of future prospects, continued his rocky road with a life-and-death unanimous decision over fellow veteran Jason Gavern (21-15-4, 10 KOs) in a non-title ten-rounder, held at Mordovia sports arena in Saransk, Russia. The bout also proved irrelevance of a famed former WBC heavyweight champion as a real player in the sport's glamour division and his foggy future.

[Click Here To Read More]

maskaev looked really slow & gavern at 245 was able to make him miss often. i got no problem with oleg fighting on as long as he's realistic & keeps it to the small venues against journeymen opposition. i had it 96-92(7-3 with a point each deducted)for maskaev but if he thinks he has a chance at bigger things he is sadly mistaken. he's 2-1 his last 3 & has been dropped several times. owen beck, nagy aguilera & jason gavern are not exactly the cream of the crop but he's had issues winning this level of fights in recent years. i don't mind watching a couple veterans going at it...

Comment

Next Klitschko opponent.

Comment

maskaev should fight holyfield in russia next...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          maskaev should fight holyfield in russia next...
          Sad thing is I can see that happening, either that or McCall.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Sad thing is I can see that happening, either that or McCall.
            i wouldn't mind that at all. if these 40 yea olds want to fight on then let them fight each other. they would be evenly matched & i don't mind watching a couple old warhorses going at it...botha\maskaev would be good or maskaev\rahman 3...ok i'm reaching

Comment

That or against prospects that are over-matched but the odds don't reflect this, aka Botha-Sonny Bill, shame the ****s fixed that fight. He's fighting another prospect from that area, a Joseph Parker, hope he doesn't make the same mistake as last time and just goes for it.

Maybe they should do a super 6 heavyweight tournament, requirements are that you're at least 35 and your prime was a decade or more ago. Winner gets enough money to retire.

Comment

maskev?

Hes one of the best

Comment

Working...
                X