Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now, true fans knew DeMarco had no chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but truer fans want too see the best fight the best and DeMarco was top dog at 135.

Comment

I knew Broner would beat Demarco, but not that badly. Definitely surpassed my expectations.

Demarco is good, but lets not forget he lost almost every round against Linares so I didn't think he would give Broner much trouble. And it's hard to take away anything from the Molina fight the way it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        DeMarco was the #1 Lightweight coming off 2 good wins over Linares and Molina. Many predicted he'd upset Broner and that Broner hadn't improved since the Ponce fight.
        I really wouldn't put too much emphasis on DeMarco's ranking.

Everyone knows Rios was the #1 Lightweight in the division who arguably lost to Abril. Even though Abril beat Rios, I still wouldn't consider him the "best" in the division. Just like when Douglass beat Tyson, I didn't consider Douglass the best in the division. Schit happens sometimes.

Now if Broner beat Guerrero either at 135 or 147, I would give all the credit in the world to Broner. But he beat a guy that everyone knew he was going to beat; well, at least I did.

Point being, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on "ranking". Broner ended Demarco's run. DeMarco had a good run, but he just wasn't the "best" in the division even though his ranking said so. And I'm no Broner hater, here's my prediction before the fight:

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I like DeMarco. I really do. Especially the class/respect he showed at the weigh in.

But I see this fight being a mismatch in Broners favor. In fact, I'm pretty sure Broner will stop him or win a wide UD.

Damn, I hope I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind if Broner got humbled, plus I want to see a good fight.

But if I had to put money on it, I'd go Broner stoppage around the 9th, maybe earlier.

He's gonna go to the body hard early on and the fight will be stopped due to headshots. That's how I'm seeing it.

Comment

Demarco is good.

But Broner is Great.

Comment

Now, true boxing fans knew that "IF" Broner was as good as he's been hyped up to be the he should dominate, but we didn't know if he could live up to the hype or not.....now we know

Comment

A lot of people assumed that because he looked like crap against Ponce Deleon that it meant he'd look bad in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                DeMarco was the #1 Lightweight coming off 2 good wins over Linares and Molina. Many predicted he'd upset Broner and that Broner hadn't improved since the Ponce fight.

Exactly.

/thread

Comment

Who the hell does everyone want Broner to fight? Pacquiao and Mayweather?

I don't like Broner, but he's just going to get worse if he doesn't get any credit. A la Mayweather.

Good win, DeMarco was very brave and tough in losing. Respect to him too.

In time, there will be a proper test for Broner. He's shown he is head and shoulders above the best of the lightweights, so it won't be today.

Comment

I'll never bet against Broner again after the performance he put on last night. I can't stand him but I'll give him his props. He did what he wanted, when he wanted.

Comment

i was rooting for Demarco but i knew he was gonna get his ass beat

i knew he was gonna have a hard time touching Broner and he doesn't have the power to make it count when he did

Broner beat a B level champ...congrats...this moves him into the top10 ATG list

Comment

Working...
                      X