Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch "I know what Ward did to beat me. I know I'll beat him next time."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch "I know what Ward did to beat me. I know I'll beat him next time."

Carl Froch gives a very frank and open account of his fight against Andre Ward. He even says he didn't see the fight as close as two of the judges who scored it 115-113 to Ward. However, Froch is determined to get the rematch. With renewed tactics and a camp orientated towards Ward's brand of fighting, Froch firmly believes he has what it takes to beat him.

His motivation...
    "We're talking pound for pound, we're talking Legendary Status. Why wouldn't I want to fight him again?"

Ward segment at 5:30

If Froch beats Mack and Bute, a Ward rematch makes as much sense as any.

While I believe Froch is capable of performing much better, I doubt he could beat Ward on his best day. He has a punchers chance and that's about it.

Still a rematch next Autumn would be welcome. Two great fighters.

Comment

Froch is the **** but I wish he and Kessler would stop trying to pretend they want to fight Ward.

Carl is a warrior so there's a chance he may want to avenge it. But the idea that Kessler wants to fight Ward again is laughable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Froch's attitude is an example of what a real fighter should be. Absolutely love his attitude and he seems to have an iron will and self believe and wants to chase the very best fights.

An absolute rock of a fighter and its nice that he is so well appreciated by all boxing fans.

Comment

Froch really does just want to be the best above everything else.

Comment

Froch should get a rematch only cause I'd rather not watch Ward/Pavlik

Comment

Kessler and Froch need to stop. Ward beat both by wide margins and rather easily.

With that said, if Froch beats Bute and Kessler again in rematches, Ward-Froch II makes as much sense as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                Froch's attitude is an example of what a real fighter should be. Absolutely love his attitude and he seems to have an iron will and self believe and wants to chase the very best fights.

An absolute rock of a fighter and its nice that he is so well appreciated by all boxing fans.
                Big time. My respect for him just doubled after that interview.

"You look at those scores 115-113, just one more round in my favour, now I don’t think the fight was that close personally, but I’ve got to think two of the judges must have liked what I was doing"

That's as brutally honest as it gets. How many fighters would you hear say something like that.

Comment

i wouldn't mind seeing it again, WAR COBRA!

Comment

Froch and Kessler are getting annoying. Ward is on another level. They need to fight each other again before they deserve another shot. Ward will beat them both on his worst night. Ward should go ahead with the Pavlik fight. At least we haven't seen it yet and it would be another name to add to his resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X