Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Reveals Game Plan for Bout Against JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The outcome of this fight is more about how much JMM has left than any game plan. Or how much bulking up has slowed him down.

Comment

I am excited about this fight regardless of how others feel about the fight. I think it is going to be a great fight and Pacquiao will be the clear winner. I am a big fan of both fighters and I was a big fan of Marquez before I knew who Pacquiao was. I think both men are going for the KO which means it will be more of a slugfest than a chess match. We will know the answers in 24 days.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I am excited about this fight regardless of how others feel about the fight. I think it is going to be a great fight and Pacquiao will be the clear winner. I am a big fan of both fighters and I was a big fan of Marquez before I knew who Pacquiao was. I think both men are going for the KO which means it will be more of a slugfest than a chess match. We will know the answers in 24 days.
        im excited too but im a boxing fan so any boxing is good for me. I however think JMM was the clear winner last Nov and i think he will be this time again. I see Pac getting frustrated and getting caught. But in boxing you never know

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Sounds like Pacquiao's plan is to go back in time 5 years. I saw an interview with Freddie today where he said the plan was to "throw everything out the window and just fight this guy."

I think that pretty much sums up their progress with solving the Marquez puzzle.
          thats also why i think he has a chance against floyd

Like Nacho said, Pacquiao was harder to deal with when he was just a wild unrestrained force than when he started becoming more of a technical fighter.

How can floyd play chess with pac if pac keeps messing up the board?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            The same mistakes Roach and Pac always make. Giving away their gameplan. These guys are morons. They go into detail with their game plan! Pac needs to get with Garcia in order to win! Garcia will make him better.

That's not going in to detail... Manny has said virtually the exact same words to describe his so-called "gameplan" dozens of times before. Whenever Manny gets asked about gameplans he says "side,side .. in and out.. footspeed.. head movement"... - it's nothing new at all.

Comment

You know how in James Bond movies, the villain always ****s up by telling Bond their secret plans while they think he can't do anything about it, then it comes back to bite them when James Bond knows exactly what to do about it?

Same principle. Only with a bit more punching and footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                so basically he is going to fight the same way he always does...
                Hahahah well said.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                  so basically he is going to fight the same way he always does...
                  Yep. Retiring fighters. Putting fighters in wheelchairs or the hospital. Bruising their heads into thinking they won. Which one will it be this time?

Comment

Sounds like Freddie has totally given up on tactics then.
                    You can understand it really when yiu think his confidence must be shot because of all the high profile losses his fighters have suffere because of terrible gameplans.

I think he is just hoping Manny lands a lucky punch or Marquez shows his age. Manny is still clinging onto hope he can figure out Marquez given statement but I think this shows that he knows deep down he is yet to properly beat Marquez and got lucky decisions the 1st 3 times. There would be no need for a 4th fight otherwise.

Hope Pac brings back the pressure of old instead of the 1 paced stand off fighter weve seen in recent years

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                      thats also why i think he has a chance against floyd

Like Nacho said, Pacquiao was harder to deal with when he was just a wild unrestrained force than when he started becoming more of a technical fighter.

How can floyd play chess with pac if pac keeps messing up the board?
                      But the problem is, Manny doesn't have the phenomenal physical intensity that makes him hard to deal with.

The whole thing about Manny becoming more a technical fighter is a bit of a red herring. Sure, Manny's punch variety improved significantly, but what the last few fights have shown is that despite that improvement, he still doesn't have the technique to outbox elite fighters. And he sure as hell doesn't have the technical skill to outbox Juan Manuel Marquez.

Floyd then is another level altogether. He'll be as comfortable maintaining the distance as Marquez, his counterpunching and potshotting will be better, and his conditioning will be superior so there's no chance of him getting sloppy in the late rounds.

The key for Manny Pacquiao as a fighter is closing distance and his ability to force exchanges. In exchanges, he's still exceptional and he will light up pretty much anybody. But if he can't close that distance and get into landing range, he's like a shotgun at 100 yards.

Once upon a time, his workrate and movement was so relentless that he forced guys into fighting with him, and he was matched against guys who had the natural inclination to fight anyway. Lately, that workrate and energy has been absent, and his ability to fight his kind of fight has gone with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X