Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Scratch Paint Touch Ups!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Car Scratch Paint Touch Ups!

Any1 done any touch ups to scratches on their cars??

Can you recommend me any good stuff you can buy online....Ive already got the paint and clear lacquer...

The scratches are not deep, but a lot of videos ive watched on youtube etc... show people using sandpaper...and i think that ends up making it look worse...

this is probs the best stuff ive seen for mainly deep scratches

bump......

Comment

Only thing I know is going to the dealership with the number of the color and they give you the paint. Thats for a minor scratch, you won't notice unless you really look close into it.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
        Only thing I know is going to the dealership with the number of the color and they give you the paint. Thats for a minor scratch, you won't notice unless you really look close into it.
        Yeah I got the paint already, I was just wondering if any1 does any stuff before putting the paint on so it looks better

Like I dunno if some people would sand it, if its only a minor scratch =/

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          Yeah I got the paint already, I was just wondering if any1 does any stuff before putting the paint on so it looks better

Like I dunno if some people would sand it, if its only a minor scratch =/
          If I recember correctly, my friend sprayed some thing first to clear off the scratch area and other paint damage(i hit a parked car) after that most was cleared, he put the black paint he used to do his rims on the little area that was a bit damaged.

It doesn't look bad, like it's really a minor scratch and that's with the incorrect black color. If i would of went out to buy the proper color it would look like nothing happened.

But it's my moms car and I said someone else probably hit me in the lot while I was in school.

Might actually go get the proper paint now that you've mentioned it.

Try yahoo or something to do a bit more research, don't take my word on it as I'm not really a car expert and I'm just mentioning what my friend did.

Comment

You can wet sand the touch up with no. 2000 grit sand paper while wet using the lightest of pressure to make the touch up smooth...then buff it our with rubbing compound and jet glaze. The paint no is in the serial no sticker on the inside of the door...make sure you have the right colour.

this kit from Turtle Wax looks pretty good

Last edited by jaded; 02-12-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              You can wet sand the touch up with no. 2000 grit sand paper while wet using the lightest of pressure to make the touch up smooth...then buff it our with rubbing compound and jet glaze. The paint no is in the serial no sticker on the inside of the door...make sure you have the right colour.

this kit from Turtle Wax looks pretty good
              Cheers for that Jaded

The thing im scared of is using sand paper...even wet sand paper it just sounds like its gonna ruin the rest of the paint lol

If its a tiny scratch I think the paint i have might just fill in scratch once its not a deep scratch

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                Cheers for that Jaded

The thing im scared of is using sand paper...even wet sand paper it just sounds like its gonna ruin the rest of the paint lol

If its a tiny scratch I think the paint i have might just fill in scratch once its not a deep scratch
                It seems scarey...but a friend of mine used to have a body shop and it's something that is always done after a paint job. These are super fine sand papers used with practically 0 pressure with water or lubricant. Rubbing compound also has an abrasive in it. If you want to get an almost undetectable touch up it's the only way to do it. You should check out forums like
                http://www.autobody101.com/forums/
                for help.

BTW...you can test things out 1st on a spot inside the trunk or hood of you car where nobody will see it if you want to be sure about what you are doing.
                Last edited by jaded; 02-14-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  It seems scarey...but a friend of mine used to have a body shop and it's something that is always done after a paint job. These are super fine sand papers used with practically 0 pressure with water or lubricant. Rubbing compound also has an abrasive in it. If you want to get an almost undetectable touch up it's the only way to do it. You should check out forums like
                  http://www.autobody101.com/forums/
                  for help.

BTW...you can test things out 1st on a spot inside the trunk or hood of you car where nobody will see it if you want to be sure about what you are doing.
                  Thanks man il defo be having a look

Comment

Working...
                  X