No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timba View Post
    Ricky Hatton was one ranked in the top 10 p4p, around 5-8 I believe. Was he an elite fighter?
    yes, he was. u ppl dont understand what elite means obviously. it doesnt mean p4p or atg. it means ur one of the best in and arond ur division. hatton was elite when floyd fought him.

Comment

Ricky Hatton was one ranked in the top 10 p4p, around 5-8 I believe. Was he an elite fighter?
      How is the guy who owned JWW for years NOT elite?

So youre telling me Corralles wasnt elite? Dude was what 33-0 and KO'd almost everybody and was ranked P4P number 5.

Comment

• Diego Corrales was 'elite' in his division, Floyd beat him decisively.

Comment

• hatton was not an elite ww.

he was an elite jww

Comment

• This is the proper thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=392608

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              yes, he was. u ppl dont understand what elite means obviously. it doesnt mean p4p or atg. it means ur one of the best in and arond ur division. hatton was elite when floyd fought him.
              in your division is the key there.

an argument can be made for hatton being an elite ww, but I'm not sure it's that strong of an argument.

corrales and castillo definitely

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                Castillo, Hatton and Corrales were good but not really elite fighters.
                are you kidding me? Hatton was undefeated with 43 fights and was the recognized champion at 140lbs for years, he dethroned Kostya Tszyu who was a machine, Corrales was 33-0 and a world champion who was blasting threw everyone and do I even have to tell you about Castillo? c'mon man give me a break those guys were the elite level champions at the time with the exception of Hatton who didn't put his title on the line and had instead moved up a weight class but was still an elite fighter, he also beat Chicanito so how can you sit there and say he hasn't beaten an elite fighter? he's beaten quite a few..

you're a knowledgeable member of this board and I respect your opinion but honestly I gotta disagree with you on this one

Comment

Perhaps at 140 he was, but Floyd refused to fight him unless he fought in at 147. Hatton was not elite at 147.

Also Floyd made sure the fight was in his hometown, and with a shady referee to help him (Joe Cortez).

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                    For the sake of his legacy, Floyd needs to fight Pacquiao.

You'd think the huge payday would make him want to do it, but his fear of losing seems to be greater than his love of money.
                    how can he fight pac when pacriod keeps holding up the fight?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      in your division is the key there.

an argument can be made for hatton being an elite ww, but I'm not sure it's that strong of an argument.

corrales and castillo definitely
                      hatton wasnt an elite ww, granted but he was an elite p4p fighter at the time floyd fought him. he was on the list. therefore the the in and around ur weight class thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X