Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Thomas the hit man Hearns beat all current 147ib-175lb challengers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a prime Thomas the hit man Hearns beat all current 147ib-175lb challengers?

topic????????????????

He would probably have a hard time with Andre Ward but that is about it.

Comment

^ I agree with that

Comment

147 to 160 yes but at 168 it's where things get tricky.

Comment

Outside of Ward and possibly Froch, who I think beat Hearns, there are very few roadbumps for him.

Most of 147 end up flat on their faces, same with 154, 160 he starts to outbox, maybe lays a few flat.

168 he outboxes the top guys but doesn't put any of them down for the count, except Bute.

At light-heavy he has a win over Virgill Hill who is probably better than current B-Hop and Dawson. Not much trouble for him there either.

He was a special fighter, Hearns was.

Comment

147 and 154 yes. As mentioned, at 160 things become a bit more even but he still had KO power for some of the lesser chinned guys. Martinez, Chavez (due to size) and the unproven GGG would really be the only dudes who you'd even imagine seeing in the ring with him... 168 there's ward..that's it. He outboxes Froch silly. Only Ward and Martinez could stand to him because they MIGHT be good enough to not get outclassed and subsequently blitzed....and Chavez Jr if he could tank his shots (which he should be able to at his 180+ pound self)...but he'd probably eat jabs and short rights coming in ALL night...and some left hooks to his body for good measure as he side stepped him.. Well...Froch is anything but chinny... so I guess I should give him a little more credit. He's nowhere near skilled enough for it though...

Comment

prime pacquiao has a chance against hitman at 147, leonard's style was the blue print on how to beat the hitman. i envision this to like pacquiao against prime mosley (with tiny bit more power), could be the fight of the century

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                147 and 154 yes. As mentioned, at 160 things become a bit more even but he still had KO power for some of the lesser chinned guys. Martinez, Chavez (due to size) and the unproven GGG would really be the only dudes who you'd even imagine seeing in the ring with him... 168 there's ward..that's it. He outboxes Froch silly. Only Ward and Martinez could stand to him because they MIGHT be good enough to not get outclassed and subsequently blitzed....and Chavez Jr if he could tank his shots (which he should be able to at his 180+ pound self)...but he'd probably eat jabs and short rights coming in ALL night...and some left hooks to his body for good measure as he side stepped him.. Well...Froch is anything but chinny... so I guess I should give him a little more credit. He's nowhere near skilled enough for it though...
                Chavez Jr's chin will probably work against him in this one. He'd be too confident and his defense is, frankly, ****. Martinez did shake him a little a few times. Hearns would shake him repeatedly and follow up on it.

Duran's chin was spectacular, his defense was better and he was a much cagier opponent, but he still ended up on the Hearns Highlight reel.

However, I think Froch would be capable of pulling off what Barkley did and getting to Hearns enough to pull off a KO while behind on the scorecards. If not, I can't see any other ending than him being outboxed

Comment

He loses to sergio Martinez,,Andre Dirrell,andre ward,,prime p-will,, prime margarito possibly.

Comment

Working...
                  X