Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiosity makes a discover "for the history books"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly it found a petrified dragon egg. Y'all stupid.

Comment

Since when did MSNBC become a credible source of news?

Comment

I struggle to imagine them telling us something that would turn life as we know it upside down, but lets wait and see i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Now that's impressive. Dudes made a robot with it's own lab that can identify things. That's something I never read in the past. I thought it was just a robot with a camera and a laser.
          The laser is one of the cooler things. It can use the laser to decide where to go after once its initial planned programming expires - it will fire the laser at distant rocks and analyse the reflected beam. Because of the frequency of the light waves it can determine the chemical makeup of the rocks it hits and decide on that basis what to investigate next!

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Since when did MSNBC become a credible source of news?
          Well yes, they're obviously biased toward liberal robotics scientists. The Conservative robot scientists are obviously going to be pissed and everything because of lack of coverage of their Noah's Ark robots.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Well yes, they're obviously biased toward liberal robotics scientists. The Conservative robot scientists are obviously going to be pissed and everything because of lack of coverage of their Noah's Ark robots.
            Fine, when did MSNBC become a credible source of information? You are, after all, one of those who refers to Fox News as Faux and MSNBC makes Fox look downright trustworthy. Cute portrayal of all conservatives as religious wackjobs though, how positively nonpartisan of you.

Comment

Fine, when did MSNBC become a credible source of information? You are, after all, one of those who refers to Fox News as Faux and MSNBC makes Fox look downright trustworthy. Cute portrayal of all conservatives as religious wackjobs though, how positively nonpartisan of you.
              how so? since when are religious nut jobs trust worthy. they have a imaginary friend called god.

Comment

I'm not sure what your primary beef is here. It's not like NASA is a partisan issue and there is an area of debate as to whether Curiosity is finding stuff on Mars. I could understand if this was to do with healthcare or the economy or something but science is a nonpartisan issue.

Well, it's nonpartisan except to religious wackjobs.

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/ma...ooks-20121120/

If that makes you feel better. The initial story was picked up by Huffington Post who were talking to some of NASA's scientists about the project. It's more of interest to geologists than to biologists though so it might have more to do with indicators of water than actual indicators of life.

One of the scientists involved did make the valid statement that the entire mission is one for the history books.

I make no apology for my enthusiasm. I understand you're still inexplicably upset about the election, but still no need to have a tantrum about the use of MSNBC as a handy link to a tech story.

Comment

I'm not sure what your primary beef is here. It's not like NASA is a partisan issue and there is an area of debate as to whether Curiosity is finding stuff on Mars. I could understand if this was to do with healthcare or the economy or something but science is a nonpartisan issue.

If that makes you feel better. The initial story was picked up by Huffington Post who were talking to some of NASA's scientists about the project. It's more of interest to geologists than to biologists though so it might have more to do with indicators of water than actual indicators of life.

One of the scientists involved did make the valid statement that the entire mission is one for the history books.

I make no apology for my enthusiasm. I understand you're still inexplicably upset about the election, but still no need to have a tantrum about the use of MSNBC as a handy link to a tech story.
                  NPR, Huffington Post and MSNBC. Certainly explains your myopic (and distorted) view of American politics, but it doesn't change the fact that MSNBC isn't a reliable source of anything. I've no idea what the rest of your rant is on about.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-21-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Fairly disappointed in you Piggy. The news is historically the worst source of scientific information of all time. I mean seriously... Their job description is basically "Paid misunderstanders of scientific methods, observations, and data".

I mean really. Do I need to remind you about the whole "Neutrinos break the speed of light" fiasco? I mean the original report by the scientists basically said. We suspect there is a flaw somewhere in our experiment, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US FIND IT!

News took that, ran with it! EINSTEIN PROVEN WRONG!!!!! LIGHT SPEED NO LONGER FASTEST!!!!!! etc...

Then we have all the studies about... well... everything... that have be misrepresented by the news. I mean if we go by the news, I am sure that Chocolate and Wine are the cure for just about every disease on the planet...

Comment

Wow some big cry babies in this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X