No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Salivates Over Rios vs. Matthysse Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Salivates Over Rios vs. Matthysse Showdown

When BoxingScene.com asked Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya about a potential fight between junior weltereights Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse - the Golden President quickly shifted gears and said the fight he wants to make right now is match between Matthysse (32-2, 30KOs) and Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23KOs).

Making the fight is not a good possibility. Rios is promoted by Top Rank, and they haven't done business with De La Hoya's company in a few years. Not to mention, Rios is being positioned for a major fight against Manny Pacquiao on April 21 [should Pacquiao beat Juan Manuel Marquez on December 8].

[Click Here To Read More]

This is the fight to see, no more matches interest me more than this.

Make it happen, and I say Lucas TKO Rios

Comment

i would love to see them feed rios to Matthysse... i can see it now rios hanging in there a few rounds until he start to realize that he,s fighting a monster ... Matthysse by stoppage... 6 rds at the most...

Comment

abner vs donaire

lucas vs rios

ppv make it happen

Comment

Rios will continue with his come forward ways, and he will hit a wall. He gets messed up really bad. Matthysse KO's him early

Comment

Oscar needs to forget about Rios and make
            a Garcia Matthysse fight happen

Comment

I don't see this happening. Rios provably will face Pac IMO. Oscar is trying too hard to find someone decent to face Lucas to make us forget about Danny Garcia.

Comment

Hah, De La Hoya is blatantly ducking Garcia vs Matthyse. He's willing to dump his high risk and low reward fighters on Top Rank like Lara and Matthyse, but doesn't put them against his own stable.

Comment

i made a thread about this potential fight. feel free comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572895

Comment

Garcia vs Lucas is the most realist and just as appealing as Rios vs Lucas without none of the obstacle in the way.

Garcia vs Lucas real chance of happening

Rios vs Lucas 1% chance of happening

Comment

Working...
                    X