Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Corrie Sanders save Wladimir's career??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Corrie Sanders save Wladimir's career??

I think Corrie Sanders actaully saved Wlad, I remember Wlad in 2000 was a mega mega attraction big to the point where he was put in Ocean's 11 alongside Lennox. All the talk was give Wlad 2-3 more tune up fights and send him against either the baddest man on the planet in Lennox Lewis in 2001-2002 or send him against American marketing icon Tyson in 01-02.

This is assuming Wlad continued to win, Sanders was suppose to be just the latest tuneup to the big prize in lennox or tyson. As faded as Tyson was in 01-02 I seriously think he would have taken out Wlad's jaw and half his face and ended his career in a very very brutal fashion as oppose to sanders who just halted it with baby fists. If Wlad went for Lennox (less likely since Tyson was always the bigger name espeically in early 2000's) Lennox would have just Golotaed him. Either way his career would have been devasted since Lennox and Tyson would have finished the job that Sanders couldn't.

Corrie Sanders' left hand was serious business, calling it baby fist takes away any credibility you might have

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
      Corrie Sanders' left hand was serious business, calling it baby fist takes away any credibility you might have
      This.

I like Corrie. He should never have been underestimated. Dude had some deceptive hand speed and power to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
        When he said Lennox Lewis had an ATG chin, that did it for me. Dude has 0 credibility.

Comment

Ya Corrie didn't have baby fists that was a over statement on my part. My bad. But the fact remain a 2000-2002 Lennox and even a faded 2000-2002 Tyson would have ruined Wlad a lot harder then Sanders did. I think it did save Wlad's career and image as well. Imagine all the Tyson fans if Tyson had KO wlad in 2001, which would have been a very very high possibility.
          Every Tyson fan will have a Sig of Tyson standing over Wlad in a Ali like Pose.

It's actaully a lot easier losing to non ATG's because you can pass it off as a fluke or under estimation. Losing to a ATG you really don't have as many excuses and it imo hurts your confidence a lot more then losing to randoms.

Say Wlad fought his heart out against Lennox and still got dominated (very likely at the time), that is a much bigger shot against his confidence then just running out of gas and getting axed by Brewster.

Also I never said Lennox had a ATG chin idiot, I was being sarcastic because Vitali can't take out Lennox during the twilight of his career despite landing huge bombs. That being said Lennox had a massively underrated chin you KBro fan fuk. I like the Klitschkos too but I don't allow that liking to blossom into pure love and adulation which heavily clouds my judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
            I think Corrie Sanders actaully saved Wlad, I remember Wlad in 2000 was a mega mega attraction big to the point where he was put in Ocean's 11 alongside Lennox. All the talk was give Wlad 2-3 more tune up fights and send him against either the baddest man on the planet in Lennox Lewis in 2001-2002 or send him against American marketing icon Tyson in 01-02.

This is assuming Wlad continued to win, Sanders was suppose to be just the latest tuneup to the big prize in lennox or tyson. As faded as Tyson was in 01-02 I seriously think he would have taken out Wlad's jaw and half his face and ended his career in a very very brutal fashion as oppose to sanders who just halted it with baby fists. If Wlad went for Lennox (less likely since Tyson was always the bigger name espeically in early 2000's) Lennox would have just Golotaed him. Either way his career would have been devasted since Lennox and Tyson would have finished the job that Sanders couldn't.
            oh please you sound like a pre schooler writing about mythologies. whose career did tyson ever "END in brutal fashion". even if tyson were to beat wlad you're really fantasizing a little too hard kid

Comment

Steward saved Wlad's career
              taught him to fight without leaving his chin open to be hit
              also to stay measured, conserve his energy like a giant fighter should
              he needed a good trainer to clean up his mistakes
              and BTW, Sanders might be the most lethal southpaw puncher ever
              he was a journeyman, but not one to be fucked with

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Steward saved Wlad's career
                taught him to fight without leaving his chin open to be hit
                also to stay measured, conserve his energy like a giant fighter should
                he needed a good trainer to clean up his mistakes
                and BTW, Sanders might be the most lethal southpaw puncher ever
                he was a journeyman, but not one to be fucked with
                you can't be the most lethal ever at something AND a journeyman at same time. pick one or the other

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
                  you can't be the most lethal ever at something AND a journeyman at same time. pick one or the other
                  he had a monster left hand punch and some handspeed
                  not much else though
                  it is what it is, Sanders was a dangerous puncher
                  he just never got past journeyman status

Comment

Working...
                  X