Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Manny's power level at Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Manny's power level at Welterweight?

He's just about above Judah I think.

Do you think he can also be a little higher than Shane Mosley?

Mosley hit Cotto with some good shots but didn't seem to get Cotto all cross eyed like Pac did.

Your thoughts?

His power is over 9000.

Comment

Not higher than Mosley, or Cintron, but still very powerfull.

Comment

Top 5 power for sure. You can't underrate it anymore after last night. Manny can crack and thats that.

Comment

well the kind of power Pac has isnt necessarily because he throws hard.

Pac has that quick snappy power that stings you but the reason it lays people out is because it is coming so quick their bodies dont have time to react.

We all know the punches you dont see coming are the punches that lay you out.

I finally was able to watch some highlights from the fight and if you notice the two knockdowns cotto NEVER saw the punches coming. However the ones he did see coming didnt lay him out...even though they were coming in 3's and 4's and were definently building up the hurt. None the less Pac man has the ATHLETICISM AND SPEED to knock down ANY welterweight because of the type of skills he posses not because he is extraordinarily powerful. As long as he lands of course

All this is not intended to play down pac's performance because it was absolutely magnificant. but it is just my take on why he is so successful

Comment

manny has power, but like i said, its the speed of his punches, and the fact you don't see them coming....

margarito hit cotto with bricks, but couldn't hurt cotto until the second half of the fight. manny dropped cotto twice w/in 5 rounds.....surely manny's power <<<< margarito's w/ loaded gloves....

but it's the speed, and the punches you don't see coming, that can **** you up just as much as a guy with raw "power"

Comment

Mosley probably hits harder. Pacquiao's power is attributed to his speed and explosiveness, combine that with those tricky angles.

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post

but it's the speed, and the punches you don't see coming, that can **** you up just as much as a guy with raw "power"
              Yeah, you can not absorb what you can't see.

Comment

B power, not 1 punch A+ power. He ain't knockin out SSM or Clottey. Anybody else could go thru accumulation.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                  manny has power, but like i said, its the speed of his punches, and the fact you don't see them coming....

margarito hit cotto with bricks, but couldn't hurt cotto until the second half of the fight. manny dropped cotto twice w/in 5 rounds.....surely manny's power <<<< margarito's w/ loaded gloves....

haha we must have been typing our responses at the same time...great minds think alike my friend

Comment

Mosley fought a prime Cotto.

Pacquiao fought leftovers of Margarito. His chin was ruined, his mind was weak, and his body was 2lbs weaker.

Comment

Working...
                    X