No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Rios Would Love To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Rios Would Love To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez

Last week BoxingScene.com ran an article with trainer Nacho Beristain, who said Mexican star Juan Manuel Marquez is more interested in facing Brandon Rios than taking part in a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao. Rios' trainer, Robert Garcia, says his fighter would love to get the opportunity to face Marquez.

At the moment Rios is preparing for a very hard rematch with Mike Alvarado, scheduled for March 30th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. If Rios comes through, Garcia feels there is certainly enough time to hold a training camp for a September fight with Marquez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rios is calling all big names out. And nobody wants him so far. Rios will make his mark among the best.

Comment

rios' style is tailor made for marquez. rios loses this on points

Comment

Seems like rios and company have been calling out a lobos big names as of late but well see if any o those fights come to fruition. To his credit though, I think marquez said something a bout considering rios for a future fight. We'll see why uncle bob decides.

Comment

I would like to this fight happen it's got FOTY written all over it.

Comment

This would be an incredible fight ending with Rios getting KO'd around the 8th round. He is going to eat so many punches it won't even be funny, utter destruction. That chin of his will be the only thing allowing him to last past the 6th rd.

Comment

A great fight and a fight for the fans. My only concern is Arum puts it up against Canelo vs Mayweather in September. That's ****ed up cuz fans would be forced to choose.

Comment

i think rios would give marquez a hell of a fight. even juan diaz was having a lot of success in landing his shots and he aint as powerful nor as durable as rios ...i think it's toss up...

Comment

bum bum gunna bum

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    This would be an incredible fight ending with Rios getting KO'd around the 8th round. He is going to eat so many punches it won't even be funny, utter destruction. That chin of his will be the only thing allowing him to last past the 6th rd.
                    I see it something like this, though I think he might last longer than 8 rounds.

On the other hand, Rios is a big admirerer of Margarito, right? No way he'll try to box. He'll lead with his chin. Maybe you're right.

JMM KO8 Brandon Rios

Comment

Working...
                    X